There's An App For That - Time Management & Organization
This page provides information on apps to help track tasks and appointments, when they are due, and when you have completed them.
Wunderlist is a clean task manager designed to help you separate your to-dos into multiple projects. You can sort your tasks by high-level project—like school, internships or personal—as well as by the date each task is due.
Wunderlist also allows for user collaboration by letting you share projects with others. So if you're working on a group assignment, you can delegate tasks and check in on the team's progress using a shared Wunderlist project.
- Create separate Wunderlist lists for common tasks, like homework, debate club, and internship search.
- If you're working with classmates on a project, add them to a shared list so you can track everyone's progress.
- If you have a task that repeats, like homework for specific classes, use Wunderlists' "recurring task" feature.
Follow these links to download Wunderlist. It is available for free on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Android, Windows, Kindle Fire, and the Web. Wunderlist works seamlessly across all major devices to keep your life in sync.
Any.do is the simplest task management tool on this page. Its minimal interface shows what you need to do today, tomorrow, later, and someday, so you're not overloaded with a laundry list of responsibilities. At the beginning of the day, Any.do walks you through a "daily review" where you decide what you want to tackle that day, and what you want to defer until later.
Any.do natively integrates with Google Apps, too. That means you can add to-dos in Gmail with the help of a Chrome extension, and the Android app even asks if there are any action items whenever you leave a meeting that was on your Google Calendar.
- Install the Any.do chrome extension so that you can add to-dos from emails.
- Set recurring tasks for things that you do on a regular basis.
- Sync Any.do with your calendar and download it on your phone. It will prompt you after each meeting to record any takeaways, and remind you to do them later.
Sunrise Calendar is a web and mobile app for managing your calendars across your devices. It sends reminders about upcoming events, syncs your calendars with others, and helps you manage your time.
You can also integrate Sunrise with your Facebook account. That way, if you RSVP to an event on Facebook, or if someone has a birthday coming up, Sunrise will notify you and add it to your calendar.
- Connect all your calendars to Sunrise—including Facebook, Google, and Office 365—so that you can see them in one place.
- If you work with someone regularly, share your calendar with them so they know when you're available.
To request this page or any information referenced on the page in an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.