GRIT: This Is When You Find Out Who You Are
The GRIT summer bridge program is a conditional admission program for freshman applicants who demonstrate potential for success in college, but who we feel would benefit from a transitional support program in order to maximize their achievements at the University of West Florida.
- Participants are offered the program by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Confirmations to join the program will be accepted on a continuous basis until the program is full. Enrollment is limited to approximately 100-125 students.
- Once confirmed, students begin their first year with an intensive 8.5-week summer program that is designed to assist them in transitioning from high school to college and help them to build a strong academic foundation.
- Students will be enrolled in a Freshman Foundations for Academic Success course (1 credit hour) and two additional courses (6 credit hours) that will all be applied to their general education requirements.
- Students who pass the summer semester with a GPA of 2.5 (C+ or better in all classes) will earn full admission to UWF for the fall. Attendance to GRIT is required for Fall admission.
- Get a jump start on college by earning seven academic credits.
- Develop successful strategies for handling college life and academics.
- Build relationships with key faculty and staff.
- Study and learn with other GRIT program students.
GRIT Acknowledgement Form
By submitting this GRIT Acknowledgement Form, you acknowledge the following requirements of the GRIT Program. Additionally, this form will confirm your acceptance to join the GRIT Program. Please complete all fields and allow 3 to 5 business days to process your acknowledgement form. Once received, your formal intent to enroll will then be reflected in your MyUWF portal.