Researchers in every college at UWF formulate ideas that command research grants and other funding. RSP monitors this research for potential patent and licensing opportunities, with the idea that a discovery made with funding this year can result in a licensable technology within 2-3 years. UWF technology transfer resources include external commercialization consultants, a patent attorney, and other researchers.
- Intellectual Property Disclosure Questionnaire (Word)
- Invention Disclosure Form (Word)
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Word)
- Transfer Agreement and Validity Certification for Intellectual Property (Word)
- Withdrawal/Disposal of Archived Intellectual Property (Word)
- Work Disclosure Form (Word)/Work Disclosure Form (PDF)
RSP, in conjunction with the Intellectual Property (IP) Committee, handles the marketing, licensing and patenting of University technologies. The IP Committee works closely with RSP and faculty in the identification, protection and licensing of new inventions as contemplated by the University's Intellectual Property Policy and the UFF Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The Associate Vice President for Research recommends to the Provost members to serve on the IP Committee from time to time. Generally, members will include the AVP for Research, the Vice President for Business, Finance, and Facilities (as such division may be denominated), the Chief Information Officer, and a representative from the Office of General Counsel. The Associate Director for Research and Sponsored Programs and the Grants Specialist Supervisor serve as ex officio (non-voting) members and staff to the Committee. Additional members or consultants may be added at the discretion of the AVP of Research based upon expertise or special needs of the Committee.
- Intellectual Property UWF Policy SR-02.01-07/13 (PDF)
- Electronic Courseware Addendum to Intellectual Property UWF Policy SR-03.01-01/14 (PDF)
- Student Intellectual Property UWF Policy SR-04.01-05/14 (PDF)
- Procedure for the Protection of UWF Intellectual Property
- Collective Bargaining Agreement - see Article 20 Inventions and Works (2010-2013)
- Outside Activity/Conflict of Interest
- Policy - Conflicts of Interest (AC-11.02 - 05/13)
- Form - Report of Outside Activity/Conflict of Interest (10/24/13)
- Form - Request for Approval of Use of University Resources in Outside Activity (7/29/10)
- The Bayh-Dole Act: A Guide to the Law and Implementing Regulations, October 1999 (PDF)
Copyright Documents and Forms
- Copyright Basics - Circular 1 (PDF)
- Copyright Notice - Circular 3 (PDF)
- Copyright Registration Form for Multimedia Works - Circular 55 (PDF)
- Copyright Registration Form for Computer Programs - Circular 61 (PDF)
- Copyright Registration for Books, Manuscripts and Speeches - FL109
Trademark Document and Forms
- Basic Facts About Trademarks
- Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS)
Replaces trademark forms 1478 and 1478(a)
Questions? Contact Carol Rafalski at 850-474-2825.