Program Snapshot


Title: Graduate Student Researcher Travel Program

Purpose: To provide funding for travel to participate in professional conferences. Awards are made through a competitive process and funding is not guaranteed.

Deadlines: Applications can be submitted throughout the year.

Eligibility: Graduate students who are in good standings with the University are eligible to apply. All Adjunct professors and Non-UWF paid employees are ineligible.

Funding: Up to but not to exceed $1,000 of individual graduate researcher travel awards.The Center for Research & Economic Opportunity will fund 80% (up to but not to exceed $800) of individual graduate researcher travel awards and the remaining 20% (up to but not to exceed $200) is required to be supplemented by the graduate researcher’s College (these funds can be from either the college, their department or a combination of both). 

Questions? Please read the FAQs at the end of the guidelines and for or questions regarding your submission/award: research@uwf.edu

Note: Any travel expenses over $1000 will not be covered and it is up to the graduate student traveler to secure those additional funds (these funds can also be paid out of pocket).


Graduate Applications
Deadlines & Review Periods

Applications Received By

Application Review Period Award Letters distributed
1st of the month by 5:00PM CT 2nd - 7th  8th - 11th 
15th of the month by 5:00PM CT 16th - 22nd 23rd - 27th
Applications will be accepted started August 22, 2016 and will close at 5:00PM CT on Friday, May 5, 2017

Guidelines

UWF Graduate Researcher Travel Award Guidelines & Procedures (PDF)

Forms

UWF Graduate Student Researcher Travel Award Program Letter of Commitment (PDF)

Required Survey (post-travel)

Conference Travel Survey Report - Electronic Application


2016-2017 Application Period - Open!

Call for Applications Opens: August 22, 2016
Application Closing Date: Friday, May 5, 2017
2017-2018 Application Period
Call for Applications OpensAugust 21, 2017
Application Closing DateFriday, May 4, 2018
2018-2019 Application Period 
Call for Applications OpensAugust 27, 2018
Application Closing Date Friday, May 3, 2019

 You must be signed into MyUWF to use the electronic applications and submission links

Feedback
×
Fill out my online form.