The Division of Research and Strategic Innovation works with several offices and departments to foster a culture of research and innovation within the University. Our focus is:
- Big Ideas: Create a culture of research and innovation focused on concepts that result in action at all levels of the institution. This ensures continued substantive engagement with the challenges of the 21st century.
- Production: Increase production of sponsored research proposals and awards at UWF so that we remain at the forefront of research advacement.
- Visibility: Increase regional, state, national and international awareness in innovation, research, and economic development.
- Outreach: Administer high-quality, state-of-the-art learning and support experiences for global distance learners, continuing education students and military members and their families through the Complete Florida and Florida Virtual Campus as well as provide assistance and expertise to the business community through the Florida SBDC Network.
- Partnerships: Create strategic partnerships with businesses, industry leaders, other educational institutions and military partners in the region, state, nation and the world.
- Impact: Move big ideas to action and increase the application of social, economic and technological impact for the communities we serve.
The Division seeks to align itself with the University's mission to transmit, apply, and discover knowledge through teaching, scholarship, research, and public service and to engage in community partnerships that respond to mutual concerns and opportunities that advance the economy and quality of life in the region.