Requests for refunds and other appeal actions to be considered by the University Fee Appeals Committee must be submitted within six months after the end of the semester to which the refund or appeal action is applicable.
Refund of Fees
Fee Appeal form which may be printed, completed and submitted Student Accounts in building 20E or emailed to email@example.com. Please see fee payment and policies for more detailed information regarding fee appeals and refunds.
Requests for a refund of fees after the drop/add period shall be reviewed and determined as follows:
- A refund of 25 percent of the total fees paid will automatically be made if withdrawal from ALL courses is completed prior to the end of the fourth week of classes. No appeal is necessary. Withdrawals may be submitted online via MyUWF in the Registration folder or in the Office of the Registrar.
- In the following instances, the per-credit-hour fee may be refunded upon appeal with appropriate documentation:
- Call to or enlisted in active military service (copy of orders);
- Death of the student or death in the immediate family (parent, spouse, child, sibling) (copy of obituary notice or death certificate);
- Complete withdrawal of the student from all courses due to illness(confirmed in writing on letterhead by a physician, stating that completion of the term is precluded by illness);
- Exceptional circumstances upon approval of the University Fee Appeals Committee. The student must submit a written appeal to the University Fee Appeals Committee via Student Accounts. Appeals for refunds must be supported by appropriate written documentation;
- Hurricanes or natural disasters – the University Fee Appeals Committee will review appeals based on natural disasters on an individual basis with the effect on the student given the utmost consideration. Students should submit the Fee Appeal form with appropriate explanation of effect of disaster.
Appeal for Late Fee Assessments and Refunds
Student appeals for late payment of fees, refunds of tuition, and other charges after the refund deadline are referred to the University Fee Appeals Committee. All appeals should be submitted in writing, with attached supporting documentation, to Student Accounts. Fee Appeal forms may be printed, completed and submitted to Student Accounts in building 20E or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University Fee Appeals Committee reports to the Assistant Vice-President of Financial Services who has final authority over all appeals.
The filing of an appeal before the Fee Appeals Committee does not extend the due date for fees, tuition loans, VA deferments or other charges while awaiting a decision by the Committee. Such charges not paid by the due date will be assessed the late payment fee.
In some instances, the University may apply third party payments prior to applying waivers. For questions, contact Linda Howard in the Cashier's Office at email@example.com or 474-2120.
All questions regarding fee appeals should be directed to the Student Accounts (850) 474-3038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.