Disc Golf Course
UWF Recreation & Sports Services and Outdoor Adventures has created an 18-hole disc golf course on campus that is perfect for players of all skill levels. All UWF students, faculty, staff, and community members are invited to use the course free of charge. Grab a friend, print the Disc Golf Course Map & Score Card and have some fun.
About the Course
The UWF Disc Golf Course flows throughout the university's Pensacola campus. The Disc Golf Foundation awarded UWF it's Matching Baskets Grant which helped to make this course possible.
Follow this link to view/download the course map & scorecard.
The UWF course is open from dawn until dusk every day and is free for students, faculty, staff, and the public. Additionally, students have free access to disc golf discs through the Recreation and Sports Services Pro Shop, just show your nautilus card and request a disc for the day. Want your own discs? The recreation pro shop has you covered there too, selling sets and single discs.
Due to pedestrian traffic near the links, caution is advised.
- Tee Throws: Must be completed between and behind the edge of the tee pad or markers. The player whose disc is farthest from the hole throws first.
- Throwing Order: The player with the lowest score on a hole is first to tee off on the next hole.
- Fairway Throws: Must be made with either foot no closer to the hole or the lie. A run-up and normal follow-through after release are allowed.
- Putting: Within 30ft, must demonstrate balance with the plant foot.
- Completion: Disc must land in the basket or be suspended in the chains.
- Unplayable Lie: A disc that comes to rest more than 6ft above the ground is considered unplayable. The disc must be thrown from the grown directly beneath the original lie, with a one-stroke penalty.
- Out of Bounds: All pavement not directly between the tee and the hole is out of bounds. A disc landing out of bounds must be played from where the disc went out, with a one-stroke penalty.
- Mando: A disc flying or landing outside of the mandatory out-of-bounds sign must be played from the MANDO sign, with a one-stroke penalty.