Outdoor Soccer Rules
The games will be played according to the 2013-2014 National Federation of State High School Association's soccer rules with the following UWF clarifications and exceptions:
- START TIME: Any team failing to report and ready to play at game time shall forfeit to their opponents. GAME TIME IS
- FORFEIT TIME. It is advised that the team show up 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- SCORING: An intramural sports staff member will keep the official score on each field.
- TEAMS: Each team will consist of seven (7) players on the field at one time with unlimited substitutes. To avoid a forfeit, a team may start with no less than five (5) players.
- SCORE CARDS: All players MUST have their names on the team roster for each game. They MUST show their Student ID before their name will be put on the scorecard (NO EXCEPTIONS). Late arriving players must have their name added to the scorecard upon arrival by an Intramural Sports Staff Member before they may participate.
- GAME TIME: The game will consist of two (2) halves. Each half will be twenty (20) minutes long. There will be a maximum of three (3) minutes in between each half. The clock is running time. EXCEPTION: the last minute of each half. During this time the clock will stop and start according to the National Federation Rules. The official on the field will keep the official game time.
- FIELD RULES: Only officials, players, and one coach per team are permitted in the player’s area. TOBACCO use on the intramural sports fields is PROHIBITED. Failure to comply with all Intramural Sports Rules and Regulations for the soccer fields by spectators will result in immediate expulsion of the spectators and possible forfeiture of the game.
- UNIFORMS: Teams must wear different color jerseys. If a team does not have their own jerseys, they may be checked out from the Intramural Sports supervisor. Goalkeepers must wear a different colored jersey than both teams.
- SHOE INSPECTION: All players are required to wear shoes. No metal spikes are allowed. Any player wearing an illegal type of shoe will cause his/her team to forfeit that game immediately. Any player and/or team who attempt to repeat the wearing of illegal shoes will be dropped from the soccer league for the remainder of the season.
- COIN TOSS: A coin toss will be conducted at the beginning of the game. The team winning the toss shall have the choice of the goal they wish to defend or to have the ball for the kickoff.
- CAPTAIN: Only the captain may speak with the officials and only if done so in a polite manner. The captain will speak for the team in all dealings with the officials. You are responsible for the actions of your team. Be sure that your team is familiar with and follows the regulations of the intramural sports program. It is your responsibility to know these rules. Failure to do so may result in undesirable consequences for your team. Copies of rules and regulations are available in the Intramural Sports office.
*SOCCER IS A CONTACT SPORT AND INJURIES ARE A POSSIBILITY. THE DIVISION OF CAMPUS RECREATION
INTRAMURAL SPORTS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR INJURIES; HOWEVER, BASIC FIRST AID WILL BE AVAILABLE.