Recreation and Sports Services personal trainers offer comprehensive exercise programs designed to meet the goals of their clients. We provide each client with guidance, motivation, safety, and excellent fitness programs that will exceed your expectations. From the novice to the experienced exerciser, our trainers have the knowledge and skill to work with you to help you achieve your personal fitness goals.
Personal Training Request Form
Our certified personal trainers are ready to help you achieve your fitness goals. Sign up today.Get Started!
Personal Trainer Biographies
Browse personal trainer bios and select the one who aligns with your schedule and fitness goals.Bios
Fitness Assessments Available
Need to gauge your current fitness level? Track how far you've come? Visit with a certified professional today.Assessment
ACE Personal Training Certification
Begin your career in the fitness and wellness industry, become and ACE certified personal trainer.Be a Trainer
Please keep in mind personal training services are only available to HLS Facility members.
Based on the clients individual needs and goals, Personal Training sessions may include:
- Fitness Assessment (Including health history/PAR-Q and a waiver)
- Program Design - According to your specific needs and goals
- Warm-up, stretching, and cool down
- Free Weight Training Instruction
- Cardiovascular Exercise
- Exercise Progression
- Evaluation and Review of Goals
- Program Creativity
- Nutrition Consultation
- Exercise ideas for home and travel
- Successful workout plans and programs to meet the needs of every client!!!
Sign up for personal training and select a personal trainer of your choice. The trainer will then contact you within 24-48 hours to set up a time to meet. Before you complete the inquiry with your trainer, you will purchase sessions.
$20 for each One-on-One training session
$30 for each Buddy Session (2 people)
Train With A Friend (Buddy Sessions)
You and a friend can train together with one personal trainer. You'll save money and have a great workout partner as well.
Wear comfortable clothing including athletic shoes, and non-jean apparel, to comply with our weight room policies
Rescheduling or canceling sessions must be done 24 hours prior to your session to avoid being charged for that session.
When you meet with your personal trainer, be sure to read and sign our personal training contract sheet thoroughly.
Personal Trainer Credentials
Every personal trainer is certified with a nationally recognized association. Most personal trainers are experienced and all are familiar with every piece of fitness equipment in the Fitness Center. Personal trainers stay up-to-date with current trends and research through meetings, workshops, seminars, reading journal periodicals, and practical applications. To become a personal certified personal trainer please visit our class page!
For More Information
For answers to any additional questions about personal training, please call Jennifer Johnson at 850-474-2814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Training Policies
Recreation and Sports Services (RSS) Policy Regarding Personal Training at the HLS Facility is restricted to only those individuals that are employed as Personal Trainers and/or Fitness Monitors through RSS. Any participant observed or even assumed to be personal training with a patron in this facility that is not employed as a personal trainer will have their HLS Facility privileges suspended or revoked. An individual may be suspected of personal training if he/she is (but is not limited to:)
Assisting a patron/s with:
- program writing & design
- meeting with the same individual on a frequent basis
- following a patron around the room and telling them what to exercise next
- patron pays another individual that is not a Recreation and Sports Services Personal Trainer for an exercise session
The following reasons justify why personal trainers not employed by Recreation and Sports Services (RSS) are not allowed to train within the RSS.
- RSS cannot adequately control the quality of personal training from individuals that are not employed by the RSS. These individuals may not have adequate academic background, ability, training or experience to correctly train clients. In addition, RSS is very limited in its ability to regulate these individuals in order to prevent or correct potential erroneous information or technique passed on to clients.
- Individuals not employed by RSS have not been trained by the RSS staff, policies, rules, guidelines, procedures, or standards and therefore, are unauthorized trainers.
- A legal liability arises for the RSS if we are aware of outside personal trainers working within the RSS.
- Profiting from the use of State property, i.e. RSS’s equipment and facilities, without consent is illegal.
- The use of the RSS for outside personal training is in direct competition with the personal training service that the RSS offers