Become a Certified Group Fitness Instructor
Through the incorporation of a course that focuses on preparation for an ACE certification, Recreation and Sports Services provides everyone with the best opportunity for success as they prepare to begin their career in the fitness and wellness industry.
Meeting Times for ACE Group Fitness Instructor Preparation Course
Date: Feb. 6 - Apr. 17, 2018
Time: Tuesday/Thursday 3:00 - 5:00 pm
Location: Building 72, Green Studio
- Non-student - $199
- Student - $99
- Rec. Staff - $50
Registration for Spring Semester course is now open and available at the Customer Service Desk.
What is a Group Fitness Instructor?
Group fitness instructors are in a perfect position to inspire and motivate others to change their health and fitness-related behaviors through classes designed to bring a spirit of creativity and uniqueness to group fitness.
Obtaining a fitness certification demonstrates your understanding of anatomy, kinesiology, exercise physiology and instructional techniques including class design, cueing and injury prevention.
- E-Learning Online Course which will give you access to chapter quizzes and a practice exam
- A total of 11 90-minute in-class lectures
- Study Materials conveniently available for self-study including: ACE Essentials of Exercise Science Textbook, ACE Group Fitness Instructor Manual, and weekly chapter quizzes.
The ACE G.F.I.T. Curriculum course provides the in and out of class lectures and study materials for the ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification. The course is 11 weeks and includes one 90 minute lecture on one day each week.
Please Note: Course does NOT include exam registration fee!
- The world’s largest nonprofit fitness certification organization
- Recognized industry-wide as the standard for fitness certification
- NCCA-accredited certifications, with a competitive advantage
Dedicated support throughout your career
The ACE® Group Fitness Instructor Certification is designed for fitness professionals teaching any form of exercise in a group setting. Passing the ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification Exam demonstrates you possess the foundation of knowledge and skills necessary to teach a safe and effective group fitness class, no matter what type of modality. You also bring your personal passion and enthusiasm for group exercise to everyone you help in their quest to reach their personal health and fitness goals.