Become a Certified Group Fitness Instructor
Through the incorporation of a course that focuses on preparation for an ACE certification, Recreation and Sports Services provides everyone with the best opportunity for success as they prepare to begin their career in the fitness and wellness industry.
Meeting Times for ACE Group Fitness Instructor Preparation Course
Class will meet once per week for an hour and a half in the evenings.
Registration for the Summer course is now open and available at the Customer Service Desk.
Bldg 72 Rm 121
Non student $199, Student $125, Rec. Staff $99
Sign up at the HLS Facility Customer Service Desk
Spring Registration is now open and available until January 30.
What is a Group Fitness Instructor?
Group fitness instructors are in a perfect position to inspire and motivate others to change their health and fitness-related behaviors through classes designed to bring a spirit of creativity and uniqueness to group fitness.
Obtaining a fitness certification demonstrates your understanding of anatomy, kinesiology, exercise physiology and instructional techniques including class design, cueing and injury prevention.
- E-Learning Online Course which will give you access to chapter quizzes and a practice exam
- A total of 11 90-minute in-class lectures
- Study Materials conveniently available for self-study including: ACE Essentials of Exercise Science Textbook, ACE Group Fitness Instructor Manual, and weekly chapter quizzes.
*Please Note: Course does NOT include exam registration fee!*
- The world’s largest nonprofit fitness certification organization
- Recognized industry-wide as the standard for fitness certification
- NCCA-accredited certifications, with a competitive advantage
The ACE® Group Fitness Instructor Certification is designed for fitness professionals teaching any form of exercise in a group setting. Passing the ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification Exam demonstrates you possess the foundation of knowledge and skills necessary to teach a safe and effective group fitness class, no matter what type of modality. You also bring your personal passion and enthusiasm for group exercise to everyone you help in their quest to reach their personal health and fitness goals.