Become a Certified Group Fitness Instructor
Through the incorporation of a course that focuses on preparation for an ACE certification, Recreation and Sports Services provides everyone with the best opportunity for success as they prepare to begin their career in the fitness and wellness industry.
Meeting Times for ACE Group Fitness Instructor Preparation Course
Tuesdays from 6:30pm - 8pm
Sept 8 - Nov 10
*And we will host studio days Tuesday Sept. 22, Oct. 6 and 27, and Nov. 3rd *
Room 212 Bldg 72
$175 for community, $125 for students
Sign up at the HLS Facility Customer Service Desk
Group fitness instructors are in a perfect position to inspire and motivate others to change their health and fitness-related behaviors through classes designed to bring a spirit of creativity and uniqueness to group fitness.
This fitness certification demonstrates your understanding of anatomy, kinesiology, exercise physiology and instructional techniques including class design, cueing and injury prevention.
The ACE® Group Fitness Instructor Certification is designed for fitness professionals teaching any form of exercise in a group setting. Passing the ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification Exam demonstrates you possess the foundation of knowledge and skills necessary to teach a safe and effective group fitness class, no matter what type of modality. You also bring your personal passion and enthusiasm for group exercise to everyone you help in their quest to reach their personal health and fitness goals.
The ACE G.F.I.T. Curriculum course provides the in and out of class lectures, study materials, and the registration fee to sit for the ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification. The course is 10 weeks and includes one 90 minute lecture on one day each week.
- E-Learning Online Course which will give you access to chapter quizzes and a practice exam
- A total of 13 90-minute in-class lectures and 60-minute practicals to prepare students to sit for the ACE PT exam
- Study Materials conveniently available for self-study including: ACE Personal Training Textbook and Weekly checkout chapter lectures, chapter quizzes
- The world’s largest nonprofit fitness certification organization
- Recognized industry-wide as the standard for fitness certification
- NCCA-accredited certifications, with a competitive advantage
- Dedicated support throughout your career