Disc Golf Course
The disc golf course has changed. Click the image for the new route.
About the Course
A Disc Golf Course has been designed throughout University Park. The Disc Golf Foundation awarded UWF its Matching Baskets Grant to make this course possible.
The course begins and ends in the pavilion next to the UWF Aquatic Center. The signs, designed by Marketing Communications, are posted at the beginning of each tee box and describe the distances, obstacles and the intended target. There is no fee to play, but students are encouraged to purchase disc golf frisbees from the Health, Leisure and Sports Facility or from area sporting goods stores. The course is open from dawn until dusk everyday and is free and open to the public. Due to pedestrian traffic near the links, caution is advised.
- Tee Throws: Must be completed between and behind the yellow tee markers. The player whose disc is farthest from the hole throws first.
- Throwing Order: The player with the lowest score on a hole is first to tee off on the next hole.
- Fairway Throws: Must be made with either foot no closer to the hole or the lie. A run up and normal follow through after release is allowed.
- Putting: Within 30ft, must demonstrate balance with the plant foot.
- Completion: Disc must land in the basket or be suspended in the chains.
- Unplayable Lie: A disc that comes to rest more than 6ft above the ground is considered unplayable. The disc must be thrown from the grown directly beneath the original lie, with a one stroke penalty.
- Out of Bounds: All pavement not directly between the tee and the hole is out of bounds. A disc landing out of bounds must be played from where the disc went out, with a one stroke penalty.
- Mando: A disc flying or landing outside of the mandatory out-of-bounds sign must be played from the MANDO sign, with a one stroke penalty.