Aquatic Center Rules
- Lifeguards have complete authority; follow their directions at all times.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Swimming is permitted only when a lifeguard is on duty in the designated swimming area.
- Running, shoving, pushing, and horseplay are prohibited.
- No diving in the shallow end.
- Non-swimmers must stay in the shallow area. This includes those wearing lifejackets.
- Patrons must stay off lane lines.
- Only Coast Guard approved P.F.D.s (lifejackets) are allowed. Inflatables are prohibited.
- Only joggers, water walkers, and rehab patients are allowed in the lanes with P.F.D.s.
- Starting blocks may be used only during a scheduled practice time by swim team members when coaches are on deck.
DIVING AREA RULES - Think Safety First!
A swim test of 25 yards administered in the shallow end may be used to insure patrons are capable of swimming and using the diving boards.
- The diving well must be entered only from the diving boards, not from walls or from the deep lane.
- One person at a time on the board and ladder.
- Only skilled or trained divers may adjust the fulcrum. Guards may restrict fulcrum usage.
- Make sure the person in front of you has passed the blue and white flags before entering the water.
- Goggles and fins are not permitted on the diving boards.
- No running on the diving board. Only feet may touch the board.
- One bounce only on the board.
- Jump or dive from the front of the board, not from the sides.
- Swimming under the diving board is prohibited.
- High dive users must be as tall as or taller than the yellow line on the wall behind the diving boards.
- Flipping, back dives, and inwards may be discontinued by the diving area lifeguard.
- High board divers exit at left ladder. Low board divers exit at right ladder.
- All dive team members must obey the diving area rules when not at practice.
- The diving area closes at 6:00pm weekdays/6:30pm weekends.
ADULT LAP SWIM RULES
- Adult Lap Swim is for patrons 18 years old and older participating in fitness swimming & exercise.
- The diving well is closed.
- The whirlpool and dry sauna are open.
- Patrons must be at least 16 years old to enter sauna/whirlpool area.
- A ten minute maximum is the established safety time limit.
- A shower is required before entering the whirlpool.
- The whirlpool is maintained at a temperature of 104 degrees.
- Pregnant women are restricted from this area unless they have a note from their doctor.**
- Do not put water or oil on the dry sauna rocks.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the sauna/whirlpool area.
**Guidelines established by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists discourage competitive exercise and working out in hot and humid weather and recommend that pregnant women not exercise strenuously for more than 15 minutes. Their heart rate should not exceed 140 beats per minute, and theirbody temperature should not rise above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Since the whirlpool and sauna both exceed 100.4 degrees, they are off limits during pregnancy.