Apply to be an Orientation Leader
What is an Orientation Leader?
Orientation Leaders assist in the facilitation and presentation of orientation sessions. Orientation Leaders play an important role in the on-campus, two-day, summer orientation sessions held for FTIC and transfer students.
Orientation Leaders lead a group of approximately 20-25 incoming students during each orientation session. They must make the diverse group of new students and family members feel welcomed and excited about the University of West Florida.
Orientation Leaders must show enthusiasm and knowledge to incoming students about UWF. They will be available to answer questions that new students and their families may have about UWF and the transition to college.
*Applications to be an Orientation Leader in 2016 will be available January 2016!
Do I qualify to be an Orientation Leader?
- Must have at a 2.6 cumulative GPA or higher prior to hiring and maintain this requirement while employed as an OL.
- Must be enrolled in class at UWF in the spring and fall semesters of 2016.
- Must live in the designated residence hall housing during the summer of 2016.
- Must attend and work all mandatory trainings, conferences, and orientation sessions.
- Be able to lead a group of 20-25 new students per session. Be able to lead parents and family members during orientation sessions. Summer class schedule is subject to approval by the Orientation staff (preferably online only classes).
- Must show initiative and dedication to helping students make a successful transition to college.
- Must be able to perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must submit a resume.
Qualifications for Returning Orientation Leaders:
- Must meet all qualifications of a first year Orientation Leader.
- Must serve as a professional role model for the orientation staff.
- Must communicate all duties and responsibilities with fellow returner(s).
- Must always challenge and support the orientation staff.
- Must provide a presentation on training topics for new orientation leaders.
Students who are selected as Orientation Leaders will be compensated with a stipend (at least $750 for New OLs and $850 for Returning OLs before taxes), housing for the summer (valued at approximately at $2,200), uniform polo shirts and a t-shirt (valued approximately at $75, and meals provided during orientation sessions (valued at approximately $500).
If you have any questions, please contact Student Transition Programs by email at email@example.com or by phone at (850) 473-7229.
*Any senior wishing to apply must plan to enroll in fall semester classes.*