Florida Industry Clusters
Florida's leading industry clusters play a key role in the state's continued economic competitiveness and success.
Innovative organizations in key Florida industries, such as life sciences and aerospace, find the nurturing environment here for developing state-of-the-art technologies, while sophisticated financial and professional services firms prosper thanks to Florida's skillful workforce and the state's business-friendly environment. Such conditions have been critical to Florida's success in building science, technology and professional industry clusters and to preserving the state's status as a key player in the Innovation Economy. (eflorida.com)
Florida's strengths lie in the following key sectors:
- CleanTech (Energy, Efficiency, Environment)
- Life Sciences (Biotechnology, Medical Device Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care)
- Information Technology (Modeling, Simulation and Training, Photonics/Optics, Digital Media, Software and Computer Systems Design and Integration, Computers, Microelectronics and Precision Device, Telecommunications)
- Aviation / Aerospace
- Homeland Security / Defense
- Financial / Professional Services
Visit Enterprise Florida for more info.
U.S. Cluster Mapping
The U.S. Cluster Mapping Project is a national initiative that provides open data on regional clusters to support U.S. business, innovation and policy.US Clusters
Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) is a public-private partnership between Florida’s business and government leaders and is the principal economic development organization for the state of Florida. EFI’s mission is to expand and diversify the state’s economy through job creation.EFI
Florida's Great Northwest
The mission of Florida’s Great Northwest is to market and brand the 16-county Northwest Florida region as a globally competitive location for business and to work with regional partners to recruit new jobs and investment throughout Northwest Florida.