Where Do I Start?
Once you are admitted to UWF, you can contact the Military & Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) for information on how to process your file for benefits.
Steps to Apply:
- Apply to the University.
- Identify your VA Educational Benefit Chapter.
- Apply for VA Educational Benefits via vets.gov Account and complete the correct VA application.
- Provide MVRC with a copy of your confirmation number.
- Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) upon receipt.
- Set up an appointment with your advisor, as they will assign you a registration PIN number so that you may register for your classes.
- Set up a VA file with the school's Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) and certify your classes.
- Complete your monthly enrollment verification if you are under the W.A.V.E. while utilizing your Reserve GI Bill® and Montgomery GI Bill®.
First-time reservists should provide a copy of the Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE). If you paid additional contributions (kicker), submit one of the following: DD Form 2366; LES, if deductions are payroll deducted; or DD Form 1131, Cash Voucher.
If you have used your veterans benefits before but are new to UWF, then go to vets.gov and complete the VA Form 22-1995 or 22-5495, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training. Print a copy of the confirmation page and bring to our office to transfer your benefits to UWF.
Once you are registered, EACH semester you MUST submit a VA enrollment certification request online via your myuwf account.