Where Do I Start

Start by visiting the UWF website for Undergraduate, Graduate and On-line campus websites and apply on-line for admission. Once you are admitted to UWF, you can contact the Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) for information on how to process your file for benefits.

Steps to Apply:

  1. Apply to the University.
  2. Identify your VA Educational Benefit Chapter.
  3. Apply for VA Educational Benefits via vets.gov Account and complete the VA Education Form.  
    1. Provide MVRC with a copy of your confirmation number.
    2. Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) upon receipt.
  4. Set up an appointment with your advisor, as they will assign you a registration PIN number so that you may register for your classes.
  5. Set up a VA file with the school's Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) and certify your classes.
  6. Complete your monthly enrollment verification if you are under the W.A.V.E. while utilizing your Reserve GI Bill® and Montgomery GI Bill®.

First-time reservists should provide a copy of the Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE).  If you paid additional contributions (kicker), submit one of the following: DD Form 2366; LES, if deductions are payroll deducted; or DD Form 1131, Cash Voucher.  

If you have used your veterans benefits before but are new to UWF, then go to vets.gov and complete the VA Form 22-1995 or 22-5495.  Print a copy of the confirmation page and bring to our office to transfer your benefits to UWF.

Once you are registered, EACH semester you MUST submit a VA enrollment certification request online via your myuwf account.