The Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program is 3 years, with the 1st year to complete pre-requisites followed by 2 years of upper division nursing program.
This deadline is for last year's application period is July 1, 2015 to begin the nursing program in fall of 2017
TEAS version V (5) accepted dates are: 8/15/2014 and no later than 6/30/2015.
Nursing program date listed above is for entry into actual 2 year nursing program, but accepted candidates will start classes in fall of 2015 and enter the nursing program in fall 2017. Failure to maintain minimum required overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale will result in dismissal from program.
- MECP Application
- Core Performance Functions
- TEAS Testing Instructions at UWF
- TEAS Instructions to test elsewhere
Credit hour requirements prior to admission to UWF Nursing Program are a minimum of 62 hours.
Completion of two years High School foreign language or two semesters of the same language at the college level prior to admission to UWF Nursing Program.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all common course prerequisites and nursing courses. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for consideration for acceptance into the upper division nursing courses.
Completion of all statewide common course prerequisites with grade of "C" or better by the end of Summer 2016 for admission to upper division nursing program for Fall 2017.
- BSC 1085/L Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (4 sh)
- BSC 1086/L Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab (4 sh)
- Choose One: CHMxxxx, BCHxxxx, PCBxxxx, PHYxxxx, or BSCxxxx (3 sh)
- DEP 2004 Human Development Across the Life Span (3 sh)
- HSC 2577 Principles of Nutrition (3 sh)
- MCB 1000/L Fundamentals of Microbiology with Lab (4 sh)
- STA 2023 Elements of Statistics (3 sh)
- Choose One: PSYxxxx, SOPxxxx, or SYGxxxx (3 sh)
The following courses are not required, but are strongly recommended as elective courses for nursing students. Must have a grade of C or higher.
- Pathophysiology (HSC 3555)
- Medical Terminology (HSC 3535)