The Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program is 3 years, with the 1st year to complete pre-requisites followed by 2 years of upper division nursing program.
The Program application for the 2016 cycle will be available starting March 1, 2016; the deadline to submit your application will be July 1, 2016 to begin the nursing program in fall of 2018.
TEAS version V (5) accepted dates are: August 15, 2015 and no later than June 30, 2016. Testing is available worldwide. If you are outside of the US, contact ATI Testing www.ATITesting.com for assistance in scheduling your test, plan accordingly as this can take weeks to set up.
Nursing program date listed above is for entry into actual 2 year nursing program, but accepted candidates will start classes in fall of 2016 and enter the nursing program in fall 2018. Failure to maintain minimum required overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale will result in dismissal from program.
- MECP Application
- Core Performance Functions
- TEAS V Testing Instructions at UWF
- TEAS V Testing Instructions to test at another location
Credit hour requirements prior to admission to UWF Nursing Program are a minimum of 62 hours.
Completion of two years High School foreign language or two semesters of the same language at the college level prior to admission to UWF Nursing Program.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all common course prerequisites and nursing courses. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for consideration for acceptance into the upper division nursing courses.
Completion of all statewide common course prerequisites with grade of "C" or better by the end of Summer 2016 for admission to upper division nursing program for Fall 2017.
- BSC 1085/L Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (4 sh)
- BSC 1086/L Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab (4 sh)
- Choose One: CHMxxxx, BCHxxxx, PCBxxxx, PHYxxxx, or BSCxxxx (3 sh)
- DEP 2004 Human Development Across the Life Span (3 sh)
- HSC 2577 Principles of Nutrition (3 sh)
- MCB 1000/L Fundamentals of Microbiology with Lab (4 sh)
- STA 2023 Elements of Statistics (3 sh)
- Choose One: PSYxxxx, SOPxxxx, or SYGxxxx (3 sh)
The following courses are not required, but are strongly recommended as elective courses for nursing students. Must have a grade of C or higher.
- Pathophysiology (HSC 3555)
- Medical Terminology (HSC 3535)