Application deadline is May 23, 2014 to begin the nursing program in fall of 2015.
Credit hour requirements prior to admission to UWF Nursing Program are a minimum of 62 hours.
Completion of two years High School foreign language or two semesters of the same language at the college level prior to admission to UWF Nursing Program.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all common course prerequisites and nursing courses. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for consideration for acceptance into the upper division nursing courses.
Completion of all statewide common course prerequisites with grade of "C" or better by the end of Fall 2014 for admission to upper division nursing program for Fall 2014.
- BSC 1085/L Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (4 sh)
- BSC 1086/L Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab (4 sh)
- Choose One: CHMxxxx, BCHxxxx, PCBxxxx, PHYxxxx, or BSCxxxx (3 sh)
- DEP 2004 Human Development Across the Life Span (3 sh)
- HSC 2577 Principles of Nutrition (3 sh)
- MCB 1000/L Fundamentals of Microbiology with Lab (4 sh)
- STA 2023 Elements of Statistics (3 sh)
- Choose One: PSYxxxx, SOPxxxx, or SYGxxxx (3 sh)
Acceptance into upper division nursing program and completion of upper division nursing core courses with grade of "C" or better:
- NUR 3116 Concepts of Nursing Practice
- NUR 3145 Pharmacology
- NUR 3735 Foundations of Medical Surgical Nursing I
- NUR 3735L Foundations of Medical Surgical Nursing I Clinical Lab
- NUR 3736 Medical Surgical Nursing II
- NUR 3736L Medical Surgical Nursing II Clinical Lab
- NUR 3535 Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- NUR 3535L Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing Clinical Lab
- NUR 3837 Health Care Issues
- NUR 4165 Nursing Research
- NUR 4455 Maternal-Newborn Nursing
- NUR 4455L Maternal-Newborn Nursing Clinical Lab
- NUR 4255 Medical Surgical Nursing III
- NUR 4255L Medical Surgical Nursing III Clinical Lab
- NUR 4615 Family & Community Health Nursing
- NUR 4515L Family & Community Health Nursing Lab
- NUR 4827 Nursing Management & Leadership
- NUR 4945L Nursing Management & Leadership Clinical Lab
The following courses are not required, but are strongly recommended as elective courses for nursing students. Must have a grade of C or higher.
- Pathophysiology (HSC 3555)
- Medical Terminology (HSC 3535)
- Psychology (PSY 2012) (if SYGxxxx has also been completed)
- Fundamentals of Organic and Biochemistry with Lab (CHM 2200/L)