Where Do I Start

Start by visiting the UWF website for Undergraduate, Graduate and On-line campus websites and apply on-line for admission. Once you are admitted to UWF, you can contact the Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) for information on how to process your file for benefits.

Steps to Apply:

  1. Apply to the University.
  2. Identify your VA Educational Benefit Chapter.
  3. Apply for VA Educational Benefits via your eBenefits Account and complete the VA Form 22-1990.  
    1. Provide MVRC with a copy of your VONAPP application signature page with confirmation number.
    2. Spouses and Dependents must also provide a copy of your Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB) to MVRC.
    3. Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) upon receipt.
  4. Set up an appointment with your advisor, as they will assign you a registration PIN number so that you may register for your classes.
  5. Set up a VA file with the school's Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) and certify your classes.
  6. Complete your monthly enrollment verification if you are under the W.A.V.E. while utilizing your Reserve GI Bill® and Montgomery GI Bill®.

If you are using Chapter 33 benefits that were transferred to you, provide the approved Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB) and Transfer of Entitlement (TOE), VA Form 22-1990e, showing you have applied for benefits.  Once the award letter or Certificate of Eligibility (COE) is received, provide a copy to the MVRC for your file.  The cashier will be notified to complete the financial refund, if applicable.

First-time reservists should provide a copy of the Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE).  If you paid additional contributions (kicker), submit one of the following: DD Form 2366; LES, if deductions are payroll deducted; or DD Form 1131, Cash Voucher.  These can be attached to your on-line VONAPP application. 

If you have used your veterans benefits before but are new to UWF, then go to the VONAPP website and complete the VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training.  Print a copy and bring to our office to transfer your benefits to UWF.

Once you are registered, EACH semester you MUST submit a VA enrollment certification request online via your myuwf account.