We will begin accepting applications for Fall 2019 in December 2018.
All students entering the upper division BSN program must:
- Complete 62 credit hours prior to the start of the nursing program. Applicants have till the end of the summer semester 2018 to complete all final requirements. For courses taken at another college/university in Spring 2018 and Summer 2018, those transcripts must be on file with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by August 8, 2018.
- Completion of two years High School foreign language or two semesters of the same language at the college level prior to admission to UWF Nursing Program.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required for consideration for acceptance into the upper division nursing program.
Completion of all statewide common course prerequisite courses with grade of "C" or better by February 5, 2018 for admission to upper division nursing program for Fall 2018.
- BSC 1085/L Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (4 sh)
- BSC 1086/L Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab (4 sh)
- DEP 2004 Human Development Across the Life Span (3 sh)
- HSC 2577 Principles of Nutrition (3 sh)
- MCB 1000/L Fundamentals of Microbiology with Lab (4 sh)
- STA 2023 Elements of Statistics (3 sh)
- Choose One: CHMxxxx, BCHxxxx, PCBxxxx, PHYxxxx, or BSCxxxx (3 sh)
- Choose One: PSYxxxx, SOPxxxx, or SYGxxxx (3 sh)
Upper division nursing core courses, Students must earn a grade of "C" or better to progress:
- Patient Centered Care I
- Patient Centered Care I Lab
- Intro to Pharmacology
- Health Assessment
- Achieving Professionalism I
- Patient Centered Care II
- Patient Centered Care II Lab
- Mental Health Nursing Care
- Mental Health Nursing Care Lab
- Health Care Informatics
- Achieving Professionalism II
- Patient Centered Care III
- Patient Centered Care III Lab
- Patient Centered Care of Families
- Patient Centered Care of Families Lab
- Evidence in Professional Nursing Practice
- Patient Centered Care IV
- Patient Centered Care IV Lab
- Family & Community Health Nursing
- Community Nursing Lab
- Nursing Management & Leadership
Additional consideration may be given in the selection process if the applicant has completed any or all of the following recommended, elective courses by February 5, 2018:
- Pathophysiology (HSC 3555)
- Medical Terminology (HSC 3535)
- If both Psychology (PSY 2012) and Sociology (SYG 2000)