The Communications Unit is responsible for increasing visibility of the University through effective public relations, media relations and social media. University Communications serves as a proactive news gathering operation that develops strategies to support and promote the University and ensures all University communications accurately represent the UWF mission and vision. University Communications is the main point of contact between members of the media and faculty/staff at the University.
The Communications Unit is always interested in learning about projects and initiatives happening across campus as part of our efforts to share the UWF story with various audiences. To tell us more about your project or initiative, please submit the University Marketing & Communications Form.
Examples of Newsworthy Initiatives
Below are examples of the type of information that is shared through various UWF communication channels:
- Competition Team Successes: UWF student teams place first and second in international engineering contest.
- Awards & Recognition: UWF Public Relations students win top FPRA state award.
- Student Success Stories: UWF music student invited to perform at Carnegie Hall.
- New Programs & Initiatives: UWF Innovation Institute launches Center for Cybersecurity.
- Students Awarded Scholarships: UWF students receive American Chemical Society scholarships.
- Prestigious Internships: UWF students receive scholarship to participate in Florida House Internship in Washington D.C.
- Community Engagement Initiatives & Partnerships: Florida Small Business Development Center at UWF partners with Crestview Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Faculty and Staff Accomplishments: UWF chemistry faculty receive $930k National Institute of Health grant.
UWF Editorial Style Guide
The UWF Editorial Style Guide is a resource for campus communicators to help in developing written materials that promote University departments, programs, events, initiatives and more.
To learn more about what we do, please visit the following pages:
- Media Relations
- Social Media
- Crisis Communications
- The @UWF Faculty & Staff Newsletter UWF
- Event Calendar