Thanks to the generosity of the state of Florida and many friends and partners, the Japan House has become a reality on the University of West Florida campus. This building has an authentic tatami room and a Japanese tea room, as well as a Japanese viewing garden.
The Japan House provides:
- Educational space for Japanese language and culture
- Display space for beautiful Japanese artifacts and art
- A site for demonstrating Japanese culture and traditions
- A place to further friendships among those who appreciate and enjoy Japanese culture
- A center for the community to participate in university programs