Student Services

These are services offered by the Intensive English Program.


Campus housing is available to IEP students. In order to apply for campus housing, you need to be admitted to the IEP. When you are admitted, you will receive a letter from us giving you a UWF Student   ID number. When you have this number, go to the housing website and fill out the application form. It is important that you apply early because campus housing can fill up quickly.

If you prefer to live off campus, there are some apartment complexes that are close to the University, restaurants and shopping. The University has a free trolley that will take you between these locations. For information about these apartment complexes, visit the Off-Campus Housing Service.

Airport pickup

The Intensive English Program does not offer airport pick-up. There are always taxis in front of the airport, and a ride to the University costs approximately $25. 

Tutoring Lab

For students who are having difficulties in any of their classes, the IEP offers private tutoring at no extra charge.


The UWF Fitness Center and Health and Leisure Services (HLS)

The UWF Fitness Center offers a variety of recreational activities, including a weight room, Olympic-size pool and group fitness classes. Through the office of Health and Leisure Services, students can participate in intramural sports, nature trips and sports clubs. IEP students can use the Fitness Center and participate in HLS activities free with a Student ID card. Click here for a virtual tour of the gym and the HLS facility.

Immigration Advising

IEP students attend a presentation about staying in status on an F-1 visa when they arrive for Orientation. Throughout the semester, they have access to immigration advising through the UWF International Student Office. 

Health Insurance

The State of Florida requires all international students to have health and accident insurance before registering at the IEP. The IEP staff will help you to buy insurance when you get here, but you should plan to spend about $500 per semester.

If you buy insurance in your home country, you must be sure that it covers all of the state requirements.  Your insurance company will have to complete the F-1 and J-1 Health Insurance Compliance Form. If the health insurance from your country does not meet all the Florida state requirements, you will have to purchase additional insurance.