The Intensive English Program recommends that you apply at least four to six weeks before the beginning of the semester so that you will have enough time to get a student visa.
To apply for the Intensive English Program, you must be at least 17 years old and have completed high school or its equivalent.
- Complete the IEP Application Form or Apply Online. In order to apply online, you must use Firefox.
- Complete the Confidential Financial Statement Form and include a statement or letter from your bank in English certifying that you have sufficient funds for your period of study ($8,240 per semester).
- Complete the Immunization Health History Form verifying the required MMR immunizations: measles, mumps and rubella. To obtain this form, please email EnglishinFlorida@uwf.edu.
- Attach a U.S. or international money order or a U.S. bank check for $100 (USD) made out to the University of West Florida. Note the account number: 2501-0320-31 with your payment. This application fee is non-refundable.
- Mail the completed and signed application form, financial certification, immunization and physical exam forms, and application fee together to the following address:
Intensive English Program
International Center, Bldg. 71
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL 32514
or email your application to EnglishinFlorida@uwf.edu.
We recommend that you submit a copy of your passport with your application, so that your demographic information will be entered correctly on all your forms.
The application process has several steps:
- The admission coordinator will process IEP application forms and contact the applicant if anything is missing.
- When the IEP application file is complete, it will be sent to the IEP director for review.
- Once the student is admitted into the IEP, the file is sent to the International Student Office. That office will issue the I-20 and send it to the student. The student will receive an email about the shipping method when the I-20 is ready.
- Any questions about the status of your IEP application should be directed to the IEP Admissions office at EnglishInFlorida@uwf.edu.
Incomplete application packets cannot be accepted. Documents must be originals.
The State of Florida requires all international students to have health and accident insurance before registering at the IEP. The IEP staff will help you to buy insurance when you get here, but you should plan to spend about $491 per semester.
If you buy insurance in your home country, you must be sure that it covers all of the state requirements. Your insurance company will have to complete the F-1 and J-1 Health Insurance Compliance Form. If the health insurance from your country does not meet all the Florida state requirements, you will have to purchase additional insurance.