The Intensive English Program recommends that you apply at least four to six weeks before the beginning of the semester so that you will have enough time to get a student visa.
To apply to the Intensive English Program, you must be at least 17 years old and have completed high school or its equivalent.
- Complete the downloadable application form or Apply Online. In order to apply online, you must use Firefox.
- Attach a U.S. or international money order or a U.S. bank check for $100 (USD) made out to the University of West Florida. This application fee is non-refundable.
- Complete the Confidential Financial Statement Form and include a statement or letter from your bank in English certifying that you have sufficient funds for your period of study ($8,240 per semester).
- Mail the completed and signed application form, financial certification, immunization form, and application fee together to the following address:
Intensive English Program
International Center, Bldg. 71
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL 32514
or email your application to EnglishinFlorida@uwf.edu.
We recommend that you submit a copy of your passport with your application, so that your demographic information will be entered correctly on all your forms.
Documents must be originals.
Before you begin classes
1. Complete the Immunization Health History Form verifying the required MMR immunizations: measles, mumps and rubella. To obtain this form, please email EnglishinFlorida@uwf.edu.
2. Purchase health insurance. The State of Florida requires all international students to have health and accident insurance before registering at the IEP. The IEP staff will assist you with purchasing insurance after you arive.
If you buy insurance in your home country, you must be sure that it covers all of the state requirements. Your insurance company will have to complete the F-1 and J-1 Health Insurance Compliance Form. If the health insurance from your country does not meet all the Florida state requirements, you will have to purchase additional insurance.