Approve Publish & Transfer Cycle Information & Schedule
April 16, 2015 | Web Services
Content must be Approved to be Published.
Content must be Published to be Transferred.
Schedule at a Glance
- Publishes are every half-hour at 5 after (12:05 p.m., 12:35 p.m., 1:05 p.m., etc.).
- Transfers are every half-hour on the hour (12:30 p.m., 1 p.m., 1:30 p.m., etc.).
Before content is moved from the CMS server to our University server it must be Approved. When you make your final update, you must approve this content to indicate it is ready for going live.
There are two primary ways to do this:
- Use the “Approve Content” option in the main site structure.
- Use Direct Edit.
- Hover over the Content menu - this should be visible near the top of the screen regardless of where you are in the CMS.
- This menu will not be visible in Direct Edit, if you favor this view, use Option 2.
- Choose Approve Content.
- Click the name of the content you want to approve.
- Click Approve.
- If you need to edit the content prior to approval, use the Edit button on this page before clicking Approve.
- Click the T4 logo at the top left of the screen to get to the main site structure (if necessary).
- From any section, mouse over the golden arrow to the right of the section name.
- Click Direct Edit.
- At the top in the red bar - Click Approve to open the drop down menu.
- From this menu, all content that you have access to, regardless of which site you are assigned to, will appear. If you are the content manager for more than one section you may see a very large list. Exercise caution when approving this way.
- Either check mark individual items, or choose Select All.
- Click Approve Content.
Once content is approved it is put in a queue for Publishing.
Content that is Approved gets Published. The current schedule for the UWF T4 CMS Publish Cycle is Every Half-Hour at 5 after. This means if your content is Approved at 1:07 p.m., it will Publish at 1:35 pm. If you have time sensitive content that must go live by a certain time and you have missed a window of opportunity, then you must contact Christina Anderson to request a manual push of the content. This can only be requested by primary web contact for the department.
Content that is Published is queued to be Transferred. The current schedule for the UWF T4 CMS Transfer Cycle is Every Half-Hour on the Hour. Using the previous example - if your content is Approved at 1:07 p.m. this means it will not Transfer until 2 p.m. as the content won’t be published until after the 1:35 pm publish passes. Be mindful of when exactly content is Approved - this may save you a headache later when your content doesn’t appear like it’s live.