News and Events
Using an RSS feed from the UWF Newsroom (or other comparable service) and UWF Event Calendar, this content type automatically generates a list of 3 news stories and 3 featured events.
This uses multiple RSS feeds that not everyone has access or experience with this, so do not hesitate to contact Web Support for assistance.
UMC Communications is the main point of contact between members of the media and faculty/staff at the University. Please review their policies and procedures if you have any questions regarding how to submit newsworthy stories to the UWF Newsroom or how to feature events through the UWF Event Calendar.
Related Content Types:
At a Glance
News & Events: News and Events [RSS] contains the following elements:
- Name - Used in Sitemanager only. This does NOT show up on your webpage.
- News Title - Descriptive headline for the Event feed.
- News RSS - If you are unfamiliar with RSS links please contact email@example.com.
- Events Title - Descriptive headline for the Event feed.
- Events RSS - If you are unfamiliar with RSS links please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
News and Events: Live Example
- Mon, 22 Jul 2019 13:30:07 +0000UWF NIH-funded MARC Scholars Program earns five-year renewal, expansion
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 21:14:53 +0000UWF puts ArgoTots Program in motion, helping children with disabilities
- Wed, 10 Jul 2019 13:39:18 +0000UWF Haas Center to host inaugural Fall Forum