- Assistant Director of Digital Strategy
Matt Rowley serves as Assistant Director of Digital Strategy at the University of West Florida, where he develops and implements a proactive strategy for the university’s digital presence, including web, digital signage and digital communications. He spent the first 10 years of his career in college athletics, and he made the transition to Institutional Communications in July 2015.
He initially joined the department as Assistant Director of Communications, and his duties included developing internal and external communication plans to increase the visibility of the University and manage its reputation. After almost two years in that position, he transitioned to Assistant Director of Digital Strategy in 2017.
Rowley spent seven years as UWF’s Director of Athletic Communications, where he led a four-person staff in telling the story of UWF Athletics. In addition to leading the athletic department’s media relations efforts, he managed its online presence. Rowley spearheaded three athletic website redesigns, expanded the department’s live audio and video streaming package to include more than 200 competitions per year, and launched and managed the department’s official social media outlets.
Matt’s wife Adrian Rowley works in Human Resources at UWF as a benefits specialist, and they have one daughter, Evelyn. In his spare time he enjoys following the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- B.A. Sport Management, Minors in Business Administration and Global Studies
Drury University - Springfield, Missouri
Awards & Honors
- 2017 American Advertising Federation ADDY Award (Gold Award: UWF 50th Anniversary Gala Invitation, Copy Editor)
- 2017 American Advertising Federation ADDY Award (Silver Award: UWF Home Page, Editor)
- 2016 Florida Public Relations Association Golden Image Award (Judges’ Award: Luna Settlement Media Kit)
- 2016 Florida Public Relations Association Image Award (Judges’ Award/Award of Distinction: Luna Settlement Media Kit)
- 2016 Florida Public Relations Association Image Award (Award of Distinction: Luna Settlement Press Release)
- 2016 American Advertising Federation ADDY Award (Gold Award: UWF Foundation Annual Report, Writer)
- 2014 Florida Public Relations Association Image Award (Judges' Award/Award of Distinction: UWF Football Head Coach Press Conference)
- 2013 American Volleyball Coaches Association Division II South Region Grant Burger Media Award