Brittany Swinford is a writer for Institutional Communications, where she is responsible for drafting and editing press releases and other public relations writing, as well as copywriting and editing for the University’s marketing initiatives. Her position enables her to combine her love of writing and editing and her passion for higher education to share the UWF story among internal and external audiences.
Brittany received a bachelor’s degree in communication arts from UWF. Her professional experience includes higher education and internal corporate communications, where she has enjoyed exploring various aspects of public relations and strategic communications.
Brittany and her husband, Josh, recently welcomed their first child, Clara. In her free time, she enjoys spending time outside with her family and dog, Aussie, going to the beach, reading and blogging.
- B.A. Communication Arts, Emphasis in Print Journalism
University of West Florida – Pensacola, Florida
- 2017 American Advertising Federation Local Silver ADDY Award Winner
- 2014 American Advertising Federation Gold ADDY
- 2014 CASE District III Special Merit Award
- 2014 CASE District III Award of Excellence
- 2014 Public Relations Association Image Award