Getting Connected to ResNet
The following guides, specific to your computer's operating system, give step-by-step instructions on connecting your computer to ResNet. You can save them to your desktop or print them out for ease of use for when you arrive on campus.
Note: These guides are in the Adobe PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Reader, please download the free Adobe Reader software to view them.
- Apple OSX Wired Connection - ResNet
- Ubuntu Version 12.10 Wired Connection *Unofficial* - ResNet
- Windows XP - Wired Connection - ResNet
- Windows Vista Wired Connection - ResNet
- Windows 7 Wired Connection - ResNet
Wireless Connections - Students can connect to the Internet through ArgoAir, which is available in Argo Hall, Heritage Hall, Presidents Hall, Village East, Village West, the Southside Villages, Pace Hall, and Martin Hall.
- Apple MAC Mountain Lion OSX - Wireless Connection - ResNet
- Apple MAC Snow Leopard OSX - Wireless Connection - ResNet
- Ubuntu Version 12.10 *Unofficial Guide*
- Windows XP Wireless Connection - ResNet
- Windows Vista Wireless Connection - ResNet
- Windows 7 Wireless Connection - ResNet
- Windows 8 Wireless Connection - ResNet
Still need help?
Call ResNet at (850) 474-3102 or submit a word order to receive additional assistance.
Protecting Your Computer
UWF ResNet and ITS Services provide residents with software that will help prevent viruses and spyware from slowing down and negative affecting their computers. This software can be accessed through the UWF Softserv website.