Room Change Request
During the first 10 business days of each semester, no room changes will occur, but students can request a new room during that time. Room changes will occur after the 10 day freeze has finished during the Open Room Change period.
Summer 2017 Room Changes
Due to limited space, most room changes for Summer will occur after the room change freeze is over and more spaces are opened up for moves. The room change freeze runs from Summer opening day (5/8/17) until 10 business days after housing opening (5/19/17). If you are interested in a Summer 2017 room change, please submit your request now, and we will contact you if a space opens up in your preferred location/room type.
- FTIC/Freshman Room Change Form (1st year students only)
- Upperclassmen Room Change Form (2nd, 3rd, 4th year & Grad students only)
Fall 2017/Spring 2018 Room Changes
Once you choose your room online, you may change your room online. There may be times when the process is closed for maintenance or when other groups of students are selecting their rooms. Please follow the directions on our my.uwf.edu housing portal to change your assignment. The Fall/Spring room change process will be closed around June 30, 2017, so that we may prepare for the Fall term.
Things to know about the Room Change Period
- Every effort will be made to fulfill your request. However, not all room changes or roommate requests will be possible, as they are done on a space-available basis.
- You will be notified by email if the change is approved.
- We will keep your request until the end of the General Room Change Period.
- If we have been unable to fulfill your request, we will email you to let you know.
- If your request is approved after housing officially opens for the semester, you may be required to meet with a staff member to discuss your concerns before you are approved to move. You may also be asked to participate in a roommate mediation before you are granted a room change.