Room Change Request
During the first 10 business days of each semester, no room changes will occur, but students can request a new room during that time. Room changes will occur after the 10 day freeze has finished during the Open Room Change period.
Summer 2014 Room Changes
At this time, we are currently under a Room Change Freeze for Summer Room Changes while we prepare for summer closing. If you have any concerns about your living arranagements, please speak with your Resident Assistant or contact your Hall Director at email@example.com.
Fall 2014/Spring 2015 Room Changes
At this time, the Fall 2014/Spring 2015 room change process has closed so we can process charges and assignments for the fall term. Room changes can be requested again starting August 22nd when we reopen the process. From Aug. 22nd - Sept. 5th, we will review room change requests. Room changes approved during that period will occur on a rolling basis 10 business days after the start of the term (Sept 5th). You may request a room change when the process reopens on August 22nd.
From July 11 - August 22nd, if you have an concerns about your current Fall room assignment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your Name
- UWF Student ID Number
- Your Current Building & Room Assignment
- The term you are requesting the room change for (Fall 2014)
- A phone number where we can reach you
- A description of your concern
While we cannot guarantee that we can fulfill any requests after July 11th, we will review your concerns and offer possible solutions. If you have already made a room change request prior to July 11th, we will be contacting you after that date with information about your reqest.
Things to know about the Fall Room Change Period
- Every effort will be made to fulfill your request. However, not all room changes or roommate requests will be possible, as they are done on a space-available basis.
- You will be notified by email if the change is approved.
- We will keep your request until the end of the Room Change Period on July 11th. We close the process at that time so we can assess rent charges and prepare for the fall semester.
- After July 11th, if we have been unable to fulfill your request, we will email you to let you know.
- If your request is not fulfilled, you may resubmit your request when the Open Room Change period starts again 10 business days after the start of the Fall semester.