Room Change Request
During the first 10 business days of each semester, no room changes will occur, but students can request a new room during that time. Room changes will occur after the 10 day freeze has finished during the Open Room Change period.
Fall 2018, Spring 2019 Room Changes
Students may request room changes using the forms below. Please ensure you select the correct form:
FTIC/Freshmen Room Change Form (1st year students only)
Upperclassmen Room Change Form (2nd, 3rd, 4th year, Grad & International students only)
Starting November 2, 2018 we will begin a room change freeze so that we can prepare for the Spring 2019 term. Room changes submitted after this date will be held through the room change freeze period which lasts until January 21, 2019 . The room freeze exists so that we can identify no shows and open up more rooms for room changes during the General Room Change Period.
Things to know about the Room Change Period
- Every effort will be made to fulfill your request. However, not all room changes or roommate requests will be possible, as they are done on a space-available basis.
- You will be notified by email if the change is approved.
- We will keep your request until the end of the General Room Change Period.
- If we have been unable to fulfill your request, we will email you to let you know.
- If your request is approved after housing officially opens for the semester, you may be required to meet with a staff member to discuss your concerns before you are approved to move. You may also be asked to participate in a roommate mediation before you are granted a room change.