Room Change Request
During the first 10 business days of each semester, no room changes will occur, but students can request a new room during that time. Room changes will occur after the 10 day freeze has finished during the Open Room Change period.
Fall 2017/Spring 2018 Room Changes
The Fall/Spring self room change process will be closed around August 11, 2017, so that we may process housing rent, prepare rosters and secure assignments for the Fall term. Once the room change process is closed, you may still request a room change through our forms below. The Central Housing Office will process room change requests through July as space permits. All room change requests will be held during the Room Change Freeze from August 11th - September 8th. The freeze allows us to confirm student arrivals at the beginning of the term and identify more empty rooms to use after the freeze is lifted.
Please select one of the forms below to request a room change after June 29th:
FTIC/Freshmen Room Change Form (1st year students only)
Upperclassmen Room Change Form (2nd, 3rd, 4th year, Grad & International students only)
Things to know about the Room Change Period
- Every effort will be made to fulfill your request. However, not all room changes or roommate requests will be possible, as they are done on a space-available basis.
- You will be notified by email if the change is approved.
- We will keep your request until the end of the General Room Change Period.
- If we have been unable to fulfill your request, we will email you to let you know.
- If your request is approved after housing officially opens for the semester, you may be required to meet with a staff member to discuss your concerns before you are approved to move. You may also be asked to participate in a roommate mediation before you are granted a room change.