Room Change Request
During the first 10 business days of each semester, no room changes will occur, but students can request a new room during that time. Room changes will occur after the 10 day freeze has finished during the Open Room Change period.
Spring 2018 Room Changes
At this time, we are under a room change freeze while we prepare for the Spring term. All room change requests will be held from December 4th - January 22nd. The freeze allows us to confirm student arrivals at the beginning of the term and identify more empty rooms to use for room changes, giving you more options for a new room.
Please select one of the forms below to request a room change:
FTIC/Freshmen Room Change Form (1st year students only)
Upperclassmen Room Change Form (2nd, 3rd, 4th year, Grad & International students only)
Things to know about the Room Change Period
- Every effort will be made to fulfill your request. However, not all room changes or roommate requests will be possible, as they are done on a space-available basis.
- You will be notified by email if the change is approved.
- We will keep your request until the end of the General Room Change Period.
- If we have been unable to fulfill your request, we will email you to let you know.
- If your request is approved after housing officially opens for the semester, you may be required to meet with a staff member to discuss your concerns before you are approved to move. You may also be asked to participate in a roommate mediation before you are granted a room change.