Connect to ResNet
ResNet is the computer network for Student Halls (Argo, Heritage, Martin, Pace, Presidents) and the University Village Student Apartments.
Two Steps to ResNet
- You must have an ethernet cable and a computer with an ethernet port. Ethernet cards and cables are available for purchase at the University bookstore and local computer stores.
- Follow the ResNet Set Up Instructions for your operating system. If you need help, please contact the ITS Help Desk to schedule an appointment with a ResNet technician.
Southside Villages - ArgoAir
Residents in the Southside Villages connect to the Internet using ArgoAir.
Follow these ArgoAir Set Up Instructions to get connected. If you need help, please contact the ITS Help Desk.
Statement on ResNet Network Filtering 10-July-2008
At present, the UWF student residence hall network (“ResNet”) is a free service provided via the University’s connection to the Internet through our affiliation with Florida Lambda Rail. Standard firewall security filtering is done to protect the entire campus network at our edge devices.
- Weekly scans of the ResNet are performed to check for vulnerable machines that may cause issues with performance. If an unpatched or problematic computer is located, the port is disabled and the ResNet coordinator is notified so that the computer can be updated/repaired before being allowed back on the network.
- ITS blocks access from commonly-recognized sources of Internet security threats.
- ResNet clients are subject to both the UWF Student Computer Use Policy and the UWF ResNet Acceptable Use Policy. Like most residence-based Internet services, ResNet is intended to serve client devices and not provide for the hosting of servers. Wireless access points and hubs are also not permitted on ResNet.
- To protect limited Internet bandwidth resources, UWF blocks/limits music and movie file sharing applications.