2016-2017 Fiscal Year Budget Information
2016 Legislative Budget Information
- On March 11, 2016, the legislature passed the budget for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
- UWF maintained all of the new recurring UWF issues from last year
- Additional Operational Support - $2M
- Office of Economic Development and Engagement - $5M
- Physicians Assistants - $2M
- Military and Veterans Center - $250k
- We did not lose any recurring funding.
- UWF received $10.8M for the second of 3 installments on the Laboratory Sciences Annex - Building 58
- UWF received $1.5M in funding for the system wide initiative, housed right here at UWF, the Integrated Library System.
- The budget provides the SUS Performance Funding program with $275M from university bases and $225M in state investment. This brings the total performance funding to $500M.
- The budget caps the Distance Learning Fee at $30 per credit hour. (UWF's current fee is $15)
- The Governor has already signed the budget with about $250M in vetoes. No UWF items in the budget were vetoed.