Where do I send invoices to being paid on Purchase Orders?

Please send all invoices to Shelia Griffin in Accounts Payable with the following notation written on the invoice:

  • "OK to pay";
  • Date the invoice is being approved for payment; and,
  • Signature of person approving payment.

Accounts Payable has to have originals for their files. Please make sure that the department also makes and keeps a copy of the paperwork for their files.

When paying an individual on a Purchase Order (PO), what must I do in order to get them paid?

A Consulting and Professional Services (C&PS) Form is required when contracting with an  individual/professional for consulting or personal servicesThe C&PS Form should be filled out and the original sent to Shelia Griffin in Accounts Payable. Email a copy of the C&PS Form to Procurement and Contracts ( and reference the Banner Requisition Number in the subject field. For complete information, refer to the C&PS Form Instructions.

I know a Purchase Order (PO) has been issued to the vendor, but I don’t see the payment in my Departmental Activity report when I look for it. Who do I contact to see why payment has not been made?

Please contact Shelia Griffin in Accounts Payable to see if she has received an invoice from the vendor. Accounts Payable does not pay any invoice without the department’s written approval. It is also possible that the invoice was not sent directly to Financial Services.

What must I do when all merchandise has been received and services performed and paid for and there is a balance left on the purchase order?

After verifying with Accounts Payable that all payments have been made on the Purchase Order (PO):

  • email Procurements and Contracts and give them the Purchase Order Number;
  • request they close the Purchase Order to release the remaining funds back into the index they were encumbered in.  

If there is a dispute with a vendor concerning services rendered or merchandise received what must I do?

Contact Shelia Griffin at 474-3047 or Paula Harding at 474-3046 and let them know the situation. If the vendor calls them requesting payment, they will know how to handle the situation.

If I want to return any items that are on the Purchase Order (PO), who do I contact?

There is a Return Merchandise to Vendor Form and Instructions available on Procurement's internal web site.

If the total amount of invoice is over 10% of the amount of the purchase order what must I do?

A Change Order for the new invoice amount will need to be submitted to Procurement & Contracts so they can increase the Purchase Order.  After you have done so, please notify Shelia Griffin to let her know a Change Order has been submitted and send the ok to pay invoice to her.


For any questions that are not covered here or if you have additional questions and need help, please call Shelia Griffin in Accounts Payable at 474-3047.

Fill out my online form.