PCI Compliance and Credit Card Transactions
The University of West Florida accepts on-line credit card payments as a convenience to our customers. Students may make payments on-line through their MYUWF account for current charges. UWF accepts Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card transactions.
Due to the nature of their activities, several departments have been authorized to accept credit card transactions for their specific programs. These departments must follow strict procedures to safeguard and protect the customers' credit card information.
Departments must be authorized by the University Controller in order to collect funds by credit card. To begin this process, the department should discuss the proposed activity with the University Cashiers who can be reached at (850) 474-2120. The Cashiers may be able to accommodate the collections through existing systems, or may recommend that the Department submit a Request for Authorization to Accept Credit Card Transactions (pdf) form along with supporting documentation clearly describing the nature and scope of the proposed activity.
Request for Authorization to Accept Credit Card Transactions (pdf) forms will be reviewed and evaluated by Financial Services and ITS for security issues related to the protection of customer Cardholder Data. Every proposal must assure the protection of Cardholder Data and compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Council has established Data Security Standards that must be complied with by all entities that accept credit card transactions. These standards include controls for handling and restricting credit card information, and related computer and Internet security. UWF is dedicated to full compliance with PCI DSS.
The following personnel may be contacted for questions or further information:
Procedures, Forms, and Links
The following procedures forms and links are related to credit card transactions:
- *Employee Credit Card Security Training* (docx)
- Request for Authorization to Accept Credit Card Transactions (pdf)
- Request for Authorization to Modify CC Collection Activity (pdf)
- Credit Card Security Awareness Program (docx)
- PCI DSS Overview of Standards and Requirements (pdf)
- Cardholder Data (docx)
- Procedure for Eliminating Credit Card Numbers From Paper Documents (pdf)
- Procedure for Paper Documents Containing Cardholder Information (pdf)
- Service Providers with Access to Cardholder Data (docx)
- Credit Card Telephone Log form (xlsx)
- Credit Card Receipt Documentation form (docx)
- Credit Card Document Inventory form (xls)
- Departmental Self Assessment Questionnaire (pdf)
- PCI DSS Web Site
- PCI DSS Security Policies
We strive to provide accurate and useful information in a manner that helps you find what you are looking for. We would like to have your feedback related to the utility of this information, additional information you would like to see on this site, or any other suggestions for improvement. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 474-3028 with your feedback.