We plan to institute a future UWF Parent and Family Advisory Council (PFAC), which will include a Parent & Family Advisory Council Planning Committee (PFAC-Planning Committee). PFAC-Planning Committee is a volunteer-based group of UWF parents and family members, faculty and staff (4-6 members maximum).
PFAC-Planning Committee will:
- Assist with the continued development and implementation of the PFAC by-laws
- Advise the Family Weekend Planning Committee 2015
- Provide guidance and support to OFP regarding orientation 2015.
- Assist in the research and development of the Parent and Family Fund
The benefits of the PFAC-Planning Committee are:
- Opportunities to assist in the development of the PFAC and Parent and Family Fund
- Support and strengthening of the OFP’s mission, vision and goals while assisting the university in its efforts to advance opportunities for student growth, development and retention
- Professional development opportunities
- Appointment to the inaugural Parent & Family Advisory Council 2015
- Information sharing meetings with members of the Division of Student Affairs upper administration
Term: January 2014 to October 2015
Applications for the 2014-2015 Inaugural UWF Parent and Family Advisory Council will open on September 1, 2014.