In, Out, and In-Between
Are you having struggles related to your sexual orientation and/or gender identity? Have you been afraid to talk about your true identity? Are you looking for an affirming, supportive environment to be yourself? If you answered yes to any of these questions then the In, Out, and In–Between group may be for you. Common areas of focus include coming out, transitioning, dating and relationships, family relationships, spirituality, self-esteem and/or isolation.
If you are interested in participating in this group, or if you have questions, please contact Counseling and Psychological Services and ask to be scheduled for a group screening.
All Gender Restroom Locations
LGBT Counseling and Support
- Gulf Coast Transgender Alliance - The group is dedicated to providing a safe and empathetic environment for members and supporters of the transgender community to find resources, make new friends, and explore healthy ways of coping with a variety of gender spectrum issues. Meetings are held on the third Sunday of each month.
- S-TR-IV transgender education and support resources including legal assistance
- A Safe Port Counseling Center-Providing sliding scale comprehensive mental health services for the LGBTQPGIA community and persons affected by HIV/AIDS and their families and supporters
- Gay Grassroots-The mission of GGNWFL is to bring together non-partisan activists to advocate for full understanding, respect, equality and inclusion of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons living in northwestern Florida. Connection to social events in the community.
- Sunday’s Child—A non-profit organization that promotes diversity, inclusion and equality by awarding grants to significant charitable and economic initiatives
LGBT Affirming Churches
- United Church of Christ Pensacola
- Holy Cross Metropolitan Community Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of Pensacola
- Unity Church of Pensacola
- American Civil Liberties Union of Northwest Florida - The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is our nation's guardian of liberty, working daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to all people in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
- HIV Evolution - Provides resources and assistance in knowing your HIV status
Transgender Friendly Physicians
- Dr. Vishnu Behari, Endocrinologist
- Dr. Jill Prafke, OB/GYN
Online Resources and Hotlines
Online Resources and Hotlines
- Laura's Playground Online Chat Room - This is a Live Support Moderated Chat Room for trans people and their friends, families and significant others only. Moderators are trained in suicide prevention.”
- Gender Spectrum - Gender Spectrum helps to create gender sensitive and inclusive environments for all children and teens.
- Trans Lifeline - Trans Lifeline is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the well being of transgender people.
- The Trevor Project - National suicide prevention hotline for LGBTQ youth.
- GLSEN (Gay, Lesiban and Straight Education Network)
- National Center for Transgender Equality - One-stop hub for name and gender change information