Awards and Grants
The Office of Equity & Diversity proudly offers awards and grants to our campus community.
President's Award for Leadership in Diversity
The President's Award for Leadership in Diversity is an annual award that recognizes and rewards a UWF student, a UWF faculty member, and a UWF staff member who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity through their deeds and actions.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following:
- Demonstrated leadership and/or evidence of extensive, sustained participation in integrating issues of multiculturalism, diversity or cross-cultural differences in teaching, university service or community service activities.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or evidence of personal engagement in the dissemination of information, or the implementation of events or activities that seek to enhance cross-cultural understanding and inclusion of people from under-represented groups in terms of ethnicity, race, gender and/or socioeconomic status.
All full-time degree-seeking students who are classified as a junior or above and in good academic standing at the time of application are eligible. Students who are permanent full-time or part-time university employees are ineligible for the student award.
The student awards will be presented during Honors Convocation.
UWF Faculty and Staff
All permanent full-time faculty and staff members with at least five (5) years of continuous employment are eligible. You must have satisfactory or above performance, based on annual performance evaluations. Employees working the the Office of Diversity and International Education and Programs, recipients of the award within the past five (5) years, and members serving on the Committee are ineligible.
- The faculty awards will be presented during Honors Convocation.
- The staff award will be presented during the Professional Excellence Awards Ceremony.
- Three (3) letters of endorsement or recommendation, at least one from the applicant's supervisor or, if a student, one (1) of the student's professors.
- Specific evidence of leadership in diversity relevant to the two areas identified in the criteria.
- Examples should be limited to the past five (5) years.The applicant's statement of how diversity can enhance the university's mission.
Multicultural/Diversity Training Grant
The Multicultural/Diversity Training offers the opportunity for full-time UWF faculty and staff to apply for the multicultural/diversity training assistance each spring semester. Employees who work in the Office of Equity, Diversity and International Affairs and the Office of Diversity and International Education and Programs are not eligible to apply for travel assistance.
- Travel monies are set at $1,000 per faculty/staff selected to receive travel funding. If faculty/staff selected to receive travel funding and conference cost is less than $1,000, faculty/staff would only receive exact total cost of conference.
- Recipients of this award are required to to give a 1-hour to 1 1/2 hour workshop to the campus community the following spring semester. Recipients workshops will be advertised via @UWF and participants will sign up through the Human Resources Training Reservation Desk.
The Equity, Diversity, and International Awards and Recognition Ceremony is an annual event where we celebrate the outstanding accomplishments of our students, faculty, staff, and members of our community who make inclusive excellence a reality in the work they do each day.