Testing Accommodation Guidelines
Whenever possible, students are encouraged to schedule their exams under the direct supervision of their instructors or their designees. If this is not possible, testing accommodations are provided to students who are registered with the SDRC and have been approved for this accommodation.
In order for SDRC to provide the instructor with verification of a student's eligibility for academic accommodations, a Semester Request Form must be submitted each semester. It is the student's responsibility to contact the instructor at the beginning of the semester to discuss academic accommodations in the course, including appropriate testing accommodations.
Requesting Testing Accommodations at the SDRC Office
- If the instructor is unable to provide testing accommodations, the student must submit a Test Request form a minimum of five (5) business days prior to the scheduled test date (or the deadline set by SDRC for final exam requests). The form is available in MyUWF by searching for "SDRC Accommodate - Student Portal" and then selecting the Testing Room tab.
NOTE: If the test request is not received by the deadline, neither SDRC nor the instructor is obligated to provide the testing accommodation.
- Once the request has been received and processed, the instructor and the student will receive written confirmation of the test date.
- Exams are administered at SDRC during the scheduled class time unless prior notification of a different date/time is approved by the instructor. Evening exams must end by 8:45 PM. Depending on availability of SDRC space, make-up exams can be facilitated only during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- All final exams coordinated in the SDRC are administered during the university's Finals Time Blocks. For more information about Finals Time Blocks, follow this link to the UWF Final Exam Schedule.
Online Exam Accommodations
- Students should email their instructor at least two days prior to the test/quiz date to remind him/her of the approved extended test time.
- If the online test will be proctored by SDRC, please follow the steps above to request testing accommodations at the SDRC office.
SDRC Testing Center Rules
- Students must be on time for their exams. If a student is going to be late, the student must inform the SDRC office in advance. If a student is more than 20 minutes late, the exam will be returned to the instructor. Student is responsible for contacting instructor to reschedule the missed exam.
- Only instructor approved testing materials will be allowed in the testing room. Students are required to bring their own testing materials such as writing utensils, paper, scantrons, or calculators. SDRC will check these materials prior to the student entering the testing room.
- Personal items are not permitted in the testing rooms. This includes, but is not limited to, cell phones, electronic devices (i.e. iPods, pagers, PDA’s, chiming watches, smart watches), hats, and coats/bulky sweaters, purses, backpacks, bags, etc. Students may be asked to empty pants or shirt pockets prior to entering the testing room. Students should leave all valuable belongings at home. SDRC is not responsible for lost items or items left behind.
- All exams will be monitored by video recording, physical walk-through, and/or observation windows.
- Students are prohibited from communicating with other students testing in the same room. Talking to other students during exams is a violation of academic integrity. Refer all questions to SDRC Staff.
- If students leave the testing room, they must bring all testing materials to SDRC staff.
- Once testing has begun, students cannot leave until their test is submitted to the SDRC Staff. Once submitted (or abandoned by unauthorized departure) a test cannot be resumed.
- Students should use the restroom prior to the start of an exam. Restroom breaks will be approved by SDRC staff on a limited basis. SDRC staff will accompany students during requested breaks.
- Any student suspected of cheating will be required to stop testing. The exam and other materials will be collected by the SDRC staff and the instructor will be notified immediately.
- Students will be informed of the start and end time of their exams. No exceptions will be made to adjust the scheduled time without prior approval.
- Testing space/location is arranged by SDRC staff; students cannot choose the location of where their tests will be administered.
- Students are responsible for reviewing the SDRC website for any updates to accommodation processes or SDRC test center rules.
Note: to reduce distractions and noise, the SDRC provides “white noise” machines and, by request, earplugs or noise-reducing headsets. In addition, students may bring a set of sealed, disposable earplugs for testing. The SDRC staff will inspect the earplugs prior to the exam. SDRC cannot guarantee a completely noise-free environment.
Download this webpage in PDF format.
Download the SDRC Testing Center Rules in PDF format.