The University of West Florida will consider reasonable housing accommodations for qualified students with disabilities. This page provides details on the procedure for requesting housing accommodations.
Housing Accommodation Procedure
The deadline for requesting housing accommodations with SDRC is congruent with the housing application deadline through University Housing and Residence Life. Accommodation requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis with respect to appropriate documentation meeting University guidelines and addressing the functional impact of the disability supporting the need for housing accommodations.
In order to be considered for reasonable housing accommodations, students must:
- Submit the housing application
- Indicate the housing accommodation request on your application
- Submit an enrollment form with the SDRC
- Provide appropriate documentation meeting University guidelines which specifically addresses the impact of the disability and need for the requested housing accommodation
- Schedule an appointment with SDRC to review application and request for accommodation
Annual Accommodation Request
Students who are requesting continued housing accommodations must:
- Complete the annual application process by completing your housing contract with the Housing and Residence Life Office
- Submit the SDRC Housing Accommodations request form to notify the Housing and Residence Life about your accommodation eligibility
- Deadlines to submit the Housing Accommodation Request to SDRC
- Fall – May 1
- Spring – November 1
- Summer – April 1
While Housing Accommodation Requests submitted after these dates will be accepted and considered, UWF cannot guarantee that it will be able to meet the late applicants’ accommodation needs, including any needs that develop during the semester.
Download the PDF version of this web page.