Hurricane and Tropical Storm Preparedness
The Gulf Coast of Florida is a region known for experiencing tropical activity.
The Office of Emergency Management works closely with the National Weather Service in Mobile, Al and the Escambia County Department of Public Safety to monitor and react appropriately in the event a tropical system approaches our area. UWF has plans in place to protect the University Community, minimize damage to UWF facilities and expedite recovery to bring the campus back to operational status as quickly as possible.
- NOAA Fact Sheet - Weather Safety: Hurricanes (pdf)
- Are You Ready for a Hurricane? (pdf)
- Atlantic Hurricane Tracking Chart (pdf)
- UWF Hurricane Tasks Preparation Checklist for Offices (pdf)
- UWF Hurricane Tasks Preparation Checklist for Labs and Research Areas (pdf)
- Hurricane Response Overview for UWF Senior Administrators (pdf)
- FSU Tropical Storm and Hurricane Website