Points of Pride
Serving the Emerald Coast for thirty six years has allowed us to be a part of a wonderful community and serve outstanding students.
- Move of UWF Emerald Coast Engineering programs to Research and Engineering Educational Facility in partnership with University of Florida.
- We have awarded thousands of dollars in scholarships to Emerald Coast students and our students have committed hundreds of hours of their time volunteering with community organizations. In fact, the ECAB was awarded the Silver President's Volunteer Service Award in 2008 for completing over 200 hours of service work in a calendar year.
- Pre-Engineering Partnership with Okaloosa County School District and CHOICE Institute Partnerships with the Okaloosa County School District and North West Florida State for Instructional Technology and Construction Technology.
- UWF EC is now offering a Doctoral Education (Ed.D.) degree in a Cohort program format. The courses are designed for busy education professionals and are delivered at the EC campus, online and via video conferencing technologies. The degree can be completed in as little as three years.
- In 2008 UWF was recognized as one of only 60 schools as a Top Military Friendly School by Military Advanced Education magazine. In fact, we are proud to offer student admissions and registration services at both Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field.
- According to a 2009 study conducted by the Haas Center for Business Research and Economic Development the UWF Emerald Coast campus creates a demand for over $40 million in goods and services across the region and increases the region's gross domestic product by over $27 million.