The University of West Florida offers students a variety of opportunities to appeal University actions, decisions, procedures, and practices. For your convenience the list below includes many of the University's appeal processes.
- Academic Misconduct
- Academic probation or suspension appeals (pdf)
- Grade appeals
- Appeal for a Late Withdrawal (pdf)
- Waiver of Graduation Requirement (pdf)
- Appeal for Reinstatement after Removal for Non-payment (pdf)
- Fee Appeal (pdf)
- Appeal of Housing Charges Form
- Housing Cancellation Form
- Library fine appeals
- Parking fine appeals
- Residency for in-state tuition appeals
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress appeals
- Repeat course surcharge waiver appeal
- Discrimination-Harassment-Prevention-Guide (pdf)
- Student Conduct Code Appeals
Student Grievance Process
The Student Grievance Process (pdf) provides students the opportunity to bring complaints to the attention of the University for which there is no other process. The Student Grievance process may not be used for any issue addressed above or for any issue for which a specific appeal process is available.
If you have been the target of or witnessed incidents involving bias and/or hate within the UWF community then you can report this information to the Bias Response Team. You can make your report anonymously online at http://uwf.edu/biasresponse/reporting/ or you can contact any member of the team personally. The team works to gather information about bias incidents and to support those who have witnessed, or become a target, of an act of bias.
University Complaints to External Agencies
For information about the University's institutional-level accreditation status, visit http://uwf.edu/sacscoc .
If you have a complaint that should be filed with the State entity (Florida Board of Governors) that is responsible for overall governance of the State University System, including UWF, information concerning the process to follow and the forms to file are available at http://www.flbog.org/contact. A contact number is (850) 245-0466.
For Assistance or Further Information
For assistance with Appeals or the Grievance Process please contact the Dean of Students Office.