There's An App For That - Mental Health and Self-Care
This page provides information on various apps that are available to help with topics such as depression, dieting, keeping a journal, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Momentum - The Journey
See yourself and the world in a more positive light by focusing on moments that move you forward.
Momentum inspires you to look for and document the everyday moments that create a heightened sense of well-being. Capture your small successes, happy times, hopes & dreams, and even those quiet times that often go unnoticed in our fast-paced world.
Start a “Journey” and lift off in your hot air balloon today by capturing, collecting, and creating positive moments in your life.
- Ride the wave of your positive life experiences - Momentum keeps you moving forward! -
Follow this link to download the Momentum - The Journey App for iPhone.
Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker
Lose weight with MyFitnessPal, the fastest and easiest-to-use calorie counter for iOS. With the largest food database by far (over 5,000,000 foods) and amazingly fast and easy food and exercise entry, we'll help you take those extra pounds off! And it's FREE! There is no better diet app - period.
- Consumer Reports #1 rated diet
- PC Magazine Editor’s Choice Selection
- #1 Health and Fitness app for 4 years straight
Also featured in the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Wired, USA Today, Family Circle, Marie Claire, NBC, CNET, Shape, the Today Show and more.
Follow this link to download the Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker App for iPhone and this link to download the Calorie Counter for Android.
The PTSD Coach app can help you learn about and manage symptoms that often occur after trauma. Features include:
- Reliable information on PTSD and treatments that work
- Tools for screening and tracking your symptoms
- Convenient, easy-to-use tools to help you handle stress symptoms
- Direct links to support and help
- Always with you when you need it
Follow this link for more information and to download the PTSD Coach App for both iPhone and Android.
MoodTools is a free, convenient, and easy-to-use smartphone app that provides six evidence-based tools to aid against clinical depression and negative moods on a large scale. We pride ourselves on being Simple, Evidence-based, and Free. MoodTools aims to go above and beyond by incorporating comprehensive therapy tools, smooth design, and a no-nonsense, ad-free layout.
MoodTools is perfect either as a self-help tool or as a supplement to treatment. It contains the following tools:
- Depression Information - Read basic information, detailed self-help guides, and find help with internet resources.
- Depression Test - Take the PHQ-9 depression questionnaire and track your symptom severity over time.
- Videos - Discover helpful YouTube videos that can improve your mood and behavior, from guided meditations to enlightening TED talks.
- Thought Diary - Improve your mood by analyzing your thoughts and identifying negative/distorted thinking patterns based on principles from Cognitive Therapy.
- Activities - Regain your energy by performing energizing activities and tracking which activities improve your mood the most, based on principles from Behavioral Activation Therapy.
- Safety Plan - Develop a suicide safety plan to keep you safe and utilize emergency resources during a suicidal crisis.
Follow this link for more information and to download the Mood Tools App for both iPhone and Android.
Get the most out of your counseling or coaching sessions with Therapy Buddy.
Developed by Thriveworks (featured in The Boston Globe, Newsday, AJC, The Monitor, Counseling Today, Psychiatric Times, CNN, and more), this app provides users with five helpful, password-protected features, and direct access to our blog, contact form and phone line.
Follow this link to download the Therapy Buddy app for both iPhone and Android.
Depression CBT Self-Help Guide
The natural management of depression involves understanding depression and the factors that contribute to the symptoms. Learning to manage stress in your life and engage in self-care behaviors can improve your symtpoms. This app contains a depression severity test, audios, articles, a cognitive diary, and a motivational points system that help you learn how to do this.
Follow this link to download the Depression CBT Self-Help Guide for Android. Not available for iPhone.
Do you have low self-esteem? Does it affect your relationships? Does it prevent you from being successful at work? Are you unhappy with yourself? Do you have problems with anxiety and/or depression?
Then, this app may be for you. This app was developed by a clinical psychologist using the methods of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to help improve self-esteem.
We all have a sense of self. Whether that sense of self is positive or negative is based upon our experiences in life and our perceptions and assessment of ourself.
What is self-esteem? Self-esteem is the regard or respect that a person has for oneself. A person with positive feelings regarding the self is said to have high self-esteem. However, self-esteem can refer to very specific areas as well as a general feeling about the self.
Follow this link to download the Self-Esteem Blackboard app for Android. Not available for iPhone.