There's An App For That - Meditation & Relaxation
This page provides information on apps that are available to help with meditation and relaxation techniques.
Relax with Calm, a simple mindfulness meditation app featured in the New York Times and LifeHacker, that will bring more clarity, joy, and peace of mind into your life, at work or at home.
Fall asleep faster with over 25 soothing calming sounds which relieve you from outside stress and anxiety. A recent brain imaging study published in a Harvard journal concluded that “mindfulness meditation sessions alter regions of the brain associated with memory, awareness of self, and compassion.”
To cater to different styles we have three meditation options:
- 7-21 days guided meditation programs which keep track of your progress
- Unguided meditation sessions
- Over 25 guided meditation sessions that last from just a couple of minutes to up to about 20 minutes
Paced Breathing helps you improve your breathing by giving you visual, audio, and haptic (vibrate) breathing cues. This isn't just useful for yoga and meditation, but intense exercise training too. Just pick a comfortable starting point and start improving your breathing.
- Adjustable Session Times (inhale, exhale)
- Ramping Times Up or Down
- Visual, Audio, and Haptic Cues
- Custom Breathing Profiles
- Tons of sound choices, like Binaural beats (use with headphones)
- Breathes Per Minute (BPM) Tracker
Not available for iPhone.
The Timer contains hundreds of customisable features for tracking your meditation practice; peaceful polyphonic bells, interval & random bells, personalized presets for storing your favorite daily configurations, and a journal. In February 2016 a completely new Timer was launched with a new interface and additional features like soothing ambient sounds, session extensions (without opening your eyes), and open-ended sessions.
Stop, Breathe, & Think
Emotional wellness everyday. Get meditating in 5 minutes. With this app, you can develop and apply kindness and compassion in your daily life through a process called Stop, Breathe, & Think.
- Stop - Stop what you are doing. Check in with what you are thinking, and how you are feeling.
- Breathe - Practice mindful breathing to create space between your thoughts, emotions, and reactions.
- Think - Learn to broaden your perspective and strengthen your force field of peace and calm by practicing one of the meditations.
Breathe2Relax is a portable stress management tool. Breathe2Relax is a hands-on diaphragmatic breathing exercise. Breathing exercises have been documented to decrease the body's 'fight-or-flight' (stress) response, and help with mood stabilization, anger control, and anxiety management. Breathe2Relax can be used as a stand-alone stress reduction tool, or can be used in tandem with clinical care directed by a healthcare worker.
Capitalizing on touch-screen technology, a user can record their stress level on a 'visual analogue scale' by simply swiping a small bar to the left or to the right. Breathe2Relax uses state-of-the-art graphics, animation, narration, and videos to deliver a sophisticated, immersive experience for the user.
Learn to meditate in just 10 minutes a day with the Headspace app. Daily meditation has been shown to help people stress less, exercise more and even sleep better.
Practice the basics of meditation and mindfulness with Take10, Headspace's free introductory series. With 10 sessions of 10 minutes each, you'll learn how to train your mind for a happier, healthier life.