Evaluate Your Relationship
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to aid in evaluating your relationship.
- Can we be ourselves with each other?
- Can we accept and cherish each other just the way we are - without reservations?
- Do we enjoy each other’s company?
- Do we respect and understand each other even when we disagree?
- Do we bring out the best in each other?
- Do we act in each other’s best interests?
- Do we know and understand each other well enough to know how each other thinks, how each other tend to react to things, and what things are important to each other?
- Are we prepared to give the utmost to each other if needed?
- Can we trust each other with our lives, our children, and everything else that is dear to us?
- Is this person so fascinating that I can imagine spending a lifetime getting to know him or her?
- Can I imagine myself with this person 5, 10, 20, 50 years from now?