Resources for You & Your Students
Career Services is excited to assist faculty and staff in any way possible. Below are many resources we offer to our UWF community. Feel free to contact Career Services for any assistance or information you may need to help our UWF students and alumni.
Don’t Cancel Class Workshops
If you need to be away from class, Don't Cancel Class; Career Services can cover for you! To see a list of topics we can cover request a presentation.
Each month, Career Services creates a newsletter specifically for UWF faculty members. The newsletter features a new topic each month of trending career-related topics, upcoming events, monthly metrics by college, and additional faculty resources. The Faculty News is sent to the dean of each college. For more information about the Faculty News, please contact Rex Wade at email@example.com.
4 Stages of Career Development Model
Career Development Model Stage One: Explore
Here are a few ways you can support your students in their exploration process:
- Invite Career Services to speak to your class regarding major exploration
- Encourage students to volunteer
- Discuss career goals with your students
Career Development Model Stage Two: Discover
Here are a few ways you can support your students in the Discover stage:
- Invite Career Services to speak to your class on resumes and/or job shadowing
- Suggest the Career Services-taught Major Exploration course for students struggling with declaring a major
- Consider serving as a source for an information interview for some of your students
Career Development Model Stage Three: Prepare
Here are a few ways you can support your students in the Prepare stage:
- Inform students of Student Professional Association involvement opportunities
- Invite Career Services to speak to your class on interviewing or internships
- Consider serving as a reference for some of your students
Career Development Model Stage Four: Implement
Here are a few ways you can support your students in the Implement Stage:
- Encourage students to attend career events
- Invite Career Services to speak to your class on job search strategies
- Educate your students on graduate school opportunities and benefits
JasonQuest Faculty Portal
To assist your students with exploring careers, the JasonQuest Faculty Portal gives you access to view all types of position openings for volunteer, intern, and Cooperative Education opportunities as well as part-time and full-time jobs. Upcoming career events featuring on-campus employer recruiting are also found on the portal. For login assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
eLearning Course Shell
Career Services has developed career-related modules in a developmental eLearning course shell that can be incorporated into your existing courses. Course shell topics include
- How to Choose a Major
- Resume WritingCover Letters
- Networking/Job Search
- Interviewing/Evaluating a Job Offer
- Professional Portfolios
- Experiential Learning
To request access to the Career Services eLearning Course Shell, please contact Rex Wade at email@example.com.