Corporate Work Study Program
Become a Partner
At the University of West Florida, we see change and rush forward. For the past 50 years, we’ve transformed the lives of our students with a close-knit academic experience and innovative programs. UWF has become the forward-thinking, innovative side of Florida. Our high impact experiences like our Corporate Work-Study Program create waves, not only in our surrounding areas, but across the globe.
UWF’s Corporate Work Study program provides students with an opportunity to work part-time while attending UWF. The program establishes a mutually beneficial agreement with corporate partners, students, and UWF. As a pathway to employment, students who participate may come from all majors. Students work with a mentor and establish future connections with your company. This program allows students an opportunity to build a professional network and develop crucial professional readiness skills.
Benefits to Employer
Payroll Cost Savings
- Students are paid by the corporate partner. UWF covers up to 50 percent of the student’s wage rate.
Diverse Talent for the Future Workplace
- Excellent way to build a talent pipeline from which to hire new interns and employees.
- Time to evaluate the potential of prospective employees.
- Enhance perspective of current workforce.
Benefits to Students
- Earn money while in college.
- Work part-time with flexible hours.
Real World Experience
- Pathway to employment.
- Build a professional network and work with a mentor to clarify career goals.
- Develop crucial professional readiness skills such as effective communication, critical thinking and professionalism.
For more information on how to become a corporate partner, please contact our office at (850) 474-2254 or email@example.com. Applications must be received by July 31, 2017, for Fall 2017 placement and December 1, 2017, for Spring 2018 placement.
Become a Partner
For students interested in the program, please contact the Financial Aid office to learn about eligibily criteria.