Resources for You & Your Students
Career Development & Community Engagement (CDCE) is excited to assist faculty and staff in any way possible. Below are many resources we offer to our UWF community. Feel free to contact CDCE for any assistance or information you may need to help our UWF students and alumni.
Don't Cancel Class Presentations
If you need to be away from class, Don't Cancel Class; CDCE can cover for you! To see a list of topics we can cover click the button to request a presentation. In order to ensure availability, please submit your request at least two weeks in advance of presentation date.
4 Stages of Career Development Model
Career Development Model Stage One: Explore
Here are a few ways you can support your students in their exploration process:
- Invite CDCE to speak to your class regarding major exploration.
- Encourage students to volunteer.
- Discuss career goals with your students.
Career Development Model Stage Two: Discover
Here are a few ways you can support your students in the Discover stage:
- Invite CDCE to speak to your class on resumes and/or job shadowing.
- Suggest the Career Education-taught Major Exploration course for students struggling with declaring a major.
- Consider serving as a source for an information interview for some of your students.
Career Development Model Stage Three: Prepare
Here are a few ways you can support your students in the Prepare stage:
- Inform students of Student Professional Association involvement opportunities.
- Invite CDCE to speak to your class on interviewing or internships.
- Consider serving as a reference for some of your students.
Career Development Model Stage Four: Implement
Here are a few ways you can support your students in the Implement Stage:
- Encourage students to attend career events.
- Invite CDCE to speak to your class on job search strategies.
- Educate your students on graduate school opportunities and benefits.
JasonQuest Faculty Portal
To assist your students with exploring careers, the JasonQuest Faculty Portal gives you access to view all types of position openings for internship and cooperative education opportunities as well as part-time and full-time jobs. Upcoming career events featuring on-campus employer recruiting are also found on the portal. For login assistance, contact email@example.com.
eLearning Course Shell
CDCE has developed career-related modules in a developmental eLearning course shell that can be incorporated into your existing courses. Course shell topics include
- How to Choose a Major
- Resume Writing/Cover Letters
- Networking/Job Search
- Interviewing/Evaluating a Job Offer
- Professional Portfolios
- Experiential Learning
To request access to the CDCE eLearning Course Shell, please contact our office.