Mission & Vision
This page contains information on the mission and vision for Career Development & Community Engagement (CDCE) including the position statement, values, and strategic goals of the department.
The role of CDCE is to advance UWF's mission, vision, and priorities by educating and empowering UWF Students/Alumni in the career development process and by providing opportunities for experiential learning, civic engagement, service, and employment.
CDCE at the University of West Florida is the only dedicated team providing comprehensive support for students and alumni to explore and pursue a wide variety of career opportunities.
- Caring: Treating students as individuals who matter; extending oneself in support or celebration of another
- Collaboration: A sense of connectedness to the division and university through working with others for the common good; involving constituents and stakeholders in decision-making and problem-solving
- Inclusion: Embracing and respecting the diversity inherent in all people and creating an environment where all students can live, learn, and lead meaningful lives regardless of who they are
- Integrity: Adherence to professional ethics and/or personal principles that makes one's behavior, character, and actions, beyond reproach
- Foster relationships that promote experiential learning and professional development for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Expand and facilitate access to quality career opportunities for UWF students and alumni.
- Strive for excellence in delivery of experiential learning, recruitment, and career development programs.
- Ensure value-added programs and services that meet the unique needs of constituents through comprehensive collaboration.
- Effectively use technology to improve delivery and management of experiential learning, recruitment, and career development programs.
- Create a supportive team environment that encourages personal growth and professional development.